OK Lets see about NHRA's new Rule (1 Viewer)

Should NHRA Change the Scoring System?

• NHRA Should Leave the Points Alone

Votes: 118 84.3%
  • NHRA SHould Go to the NASCAR Shoot Out System

Votes: 22 15.7%

• Total voters

jpee

Nitro Member
There are 14 pages of posts re: the new scoring system.. a lot of people gave their opinion both pro & con... but I'd like to see the Bottom Line I'll have a poll with Yes or No.. & see how the real majority feels...

Last edited:
How about expanding this to

1. Leave it alone.
2. Cut it down to a shootout among the final 8 or top ten.
3. Leave it as it is with the 8 to 4 to 2 to 1.
4. Just give the championship to the team with the most transporters in the parking lot?

Just my suggestion. :D

What happens when 2 drivers are tied for the #8 position?

This is affirmative action at it's best.

i think its a good thing...if it creates the drama and excitment that we had in funny car last year. how can that be a bad thing.

I voted with the majority, this is one time where I threw the "path less traveled..." thing out the door.

As I've said before though, if they must change it, then put the top 8 in after Indy and leave it at that. None of this cutting it to 4 stuff.
Or if they have to add a wrinkle, let it be that whoever wins Indy is in, whether they're in the top 8 or not.

While they are at it, lets skip eliminations and give the win to the number 1 qualifier!

The STUPIDEST thing about this whole deal is that you could win the first 17 races of he season and lose the championship, or be 9th in points by Indy, win every race from ere through Pomona and lose the championship!

It's bullsh!t no matter what way you look at it, things are looking bad if they need to "create" excitement and drama for NHRA Drag Racing.

I'm confused, I thought the racing was the exciting part and the points just showed who was the best at it. I guess I missed this one, the points are were the action is!

Isn't it sad when the "leader" of our sport doesn't find drag racing exciting enough. Maybe its time for a leader who believes in Drag Racing.

The other issue that they are setting themselves up for is a tie for the champiosnhip. With only 2 races it would be very easy to have a tie. So then what, our excitement is peaked even more as we wait to look at the rule books to see who wins a tie breaker??? Ohhh great then a paper champion:rolleyes:

What made last year special was a)it was real, not forced and manufactured as it will be now b) it doesn't happen every year so you savor the moments when they do.

The whole idea of drag racing is a playoff, win you're in. Its that simple. Now the first 17 races mean nothing. 3 of the 4 people in 8th place entering Indy have losing records, doesn't sound like championship material to me

Maybe they should use the top eight after indy with the biggest check books.;)

Leave it alone. Thats why they have 23 races to see who is best for the entire year and not who is hot the last 6.

I'm fairly new to the sport and may have a fresh attitude about this sport.

Drag racing is defined by the team, driver and car putting all the effort, preparation and determination on the starting line. I own my outcome. Whether it's a red light, missed tune-up or simply out-run by the other driver, I own it. That drives me to put the best effort on the track every weekend.

IMHO, the 2007 points system changes take this sense or "ownership" out of the season.

i think its a good thing...if it creates the drama and excitment that we had in funny car last year. how can that be a bad thing.

I'm not in this for drama. I want to see the best win the championship. Now I may not.

Jerrod, I want you to take two aspirins, go to bed and stay there until you've regained your senses. :D

I think WJ pretty much says it all (below).

>>I’m giving them a lot of credit in letting them think I think they can think, which they obviously can’t. – Warren Johnson talking about the new point system <<

WJ has come up with a lot of GREAT replies to various situations.. That has to be one of the TOP 3 ! Good answer WJ !

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back