Oh No Say It Ain't So........ (1 Viewer)

Man, say it ain't so Dixon and company didn't make the show, makes me sick to see this happen to this team.:(

+1 Sucks and he's not alone. A lot of good racers didn't make this one - Cory, Densham, WJ, Pawuk, Enders, Krisher. Stinks for them all and the fans that love to see them race on Sunday. :(

I am a huge Larry Dixon fan. Just ask my friends. The question I have to ask is.....is snake trying to save money and not push the car or the parts to the limit??? There has been no announcement as to who will be the sponsor for the car next year. Will Larry even be with the snake racing next year???

I am a huge Larry Dixon fan. Just ask my friends. The question I have to ask is.....is snake trying to save money and not push the car or the parts to the limit??? There has been no announcement as to who will be the sponsor for the car next year. Will Larry even be with the snake racing next year???

JMO but I say no. Snake's never been a "back of the pack" kind of racer. Donnie's a good tuner in his own right and he learned a lot from Dicko. LaHaie's tune ups were never hard on parts. Seeing the Miller fueler blow up was a rarity to say the least.
As for the sponsor, it is a shame that nothing's been announced yet. I remember Marty Reid saying on the Indy broadcast that Snake had a sponsor all lined up for next year but the papers hadn't been signed yet. I haven't heard anything since. That said, I'll never bet against the Snake. I'm betting he and the DPR management team will find someone for Larry's fueler.

Registered member said:

Whoa! - some very interesting questions! DPR's Skoal car is coming on strong
(with, I think, sponsorship in place). If any of this proves to be true, it would be a huge disservice to the current sponsor and Larry's legions of fans. Unfortunately, some fuel team owners feel it is their right to run on OPM!

...and FWIW, in Larry's last championship year, 2002, they DNQ'd for the St Louis race in the middle of a fierce points battle with Kenny Bernstein.They didn't DNQ for lack of trying then and they didn't DNQ for lack of trying today. It's just racing and somedays just aren't your day. My two cents...

Well damn ... Can't remember the last time Larry didn't qualify. This sucks, but you're right Charles. That's racing. I'm looking forward to next year. As far as this year.. anyone but The Sarge, and I'll be happy.

...and FWIW, in Larry's last championship year, 2002, they DNQ'd for the St Louis race in the middle of a fierce points battle with Kenny Bernstein.They didn't DNQ for lack of trying then and they didn't DNQ for lack of trying today. It's just racing and somedays just aren't your day. My two cents...

Actually, it was his first championship year. He also won in 2003; which of course have been followed by Schu's back-to-backs in '04 and '05. And has someone said, his last DNQ was Joliet, '04.

Actually, it was his first championship year. He also won in 2003; which of course have been followed by Schu's back-to-backs in '04 and '05. And has someone said, his last DNQ was Joliet, '04.

And to make matters worse, I was wearing my "2xChampion" Miller hat with the years sewn on it today. Old age and senility really do suck. :eek: Either way, I still don't see how the DNQ was the result of the Miller guys saving parts.

I hate to see fan favorites DNQ...but the reality is there are now more than 16 competitive fuel cars showing up for most of the races,so somebody has to go home on Sunday.Makes qualifying as interesting to watch as eliminations.

I will say being in Dallas and watching the final round of Top Fuel qualifying was no doubt the best final round of qualifying that I have ever witnessed. Normally there isint too much changing going on, but it was like every single car came up, was out of the field, and then got in. It was crazy. Pro Stock was just the same with the exception of a few.

At one point, LD was qual'd 7th.
With a .70
When was the last time we saw 10 cars on the bottom jump up like that?
Astounding.

The last round of qualifying was outstanding all the way around. Larry Morgan was fourth going in and by the time he came up to line, he had been bumped out by 1/1000 of a second and had to bump his way back in. Brandon Bernstein got in on a last ditch effort. He wasn't in going into the last round. I bought a Gary Scelzi t-shirt back in Baytown to wear on Sunday...then he didn't qualify. Bottom line....it happens.

Before the 3rd round of quali's I told Gary he may not want me to come to any more races if he didn't get in (since he didn't qualify in Baytown, my only other race to attend). lol.....he didn't like that much. I guess it was like talking to the pitcher during a no hitter. ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back