anybody else get duped by espn? (1 Viewer)

RJM323

Nitro Member
so during first round ESPN puts up this poll (who's better crew chief Coil or Johnson) and say go to espn.com/racing to vote now

so I think oh cool I wanna go vote on that!!

as soon as I go to the site the very first thing I see is

DIXON WINS NORWALK!!

thanks alot ESPN.....

I just can't BELIEVE it.

They gotta quit letting sports media know anything bout drag racing. Broadcast or web reporting.

This must stop!

so during first round ESPN puts up this poll (who's better crew chief Coil or Johnson) and say go to espn.com/racing to vote now

DIXON WINS NORWALK!!

thanks alot ESPN.....

Gee Ryan.... That was old news before the TV coverage even started... race was over right about 4 PM....

d'kid

Gee Ryan.... That was old news before the TV coverage even started... race was over right about 4 PM....

d'kid

my point is... if ESPN wants people to watch thier broadcast they need to not tell people to go to their website and then spoil the race result the second they get to the page.

IMO this is pretty standard...you had to of know the race was over and the results would be on the ESPN RACING site.

sometimes online results are great. don't have to watch the show :D

the task falls on you the viewer to stay away from instant news when
watching anything tape delayed; sorry, that's just the way it is.

espn same thing with worldcup.
espn2 showing game, espnnews showing final score and highlights.

but, i can remember someone saying a year or so ago they saw the nhra
results on ticker across bottom of screen during telecast.......now that
is wrong and working against nhra/espn partnership in quest for ratings.
(can't say i've seen this problem recently)

Sometimes, you don't even have to look away from the TV to hear a "spoiler"! Last week, during 1st round of TF, Paul Page told me plain as day that Morgan Lucas took out Larry Dixon in the first round. They cut to commercial, came back, and Paul's prophecy came true! Who edits this stuff?

Agree with everyone above, stay away from the internet. But I think it was 2 years ago they had the pro results scroll DURING the race. I was f'ing pissed! Sent them a scathing e-mail on how they didn't give a s#!t about NHRA and they need to pull their heads out of their a$$es. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I can't believe you guy don't follow it on Drag Race Central.

Or the live audiocast......:confused:
On occasion (screwed up audiocast!!) I have watched the delayed telecast without prior results knowledge. I was surprised by all the "spoilers" that are around. :D

This is me, but I decide IF I'm going to watch on TV only after knowing the results... spend Sunday with the audiocast running, Fridays and Saturdays DRC.

Just don't like the cluttered web page look of the TV Show

As far as being the JFR show? I enjoyed watching 'My Three Sons' growing up:D

d'kid

DIXON WINS NORWALK!!

thanks alot ESPN.....

Here's a hint.... don't go to any website that may show the result. Simple. :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back