Notable Quotables (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
1) Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But then I repeat myself. --- Mark Twain

2) I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. --- Winston Churchill

3) A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. --- George Bernard Shaw

4) A Congressman is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money. --- G. Gordon Liddy

5) Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. --- James Bovard, Civil Libertarian (1994)

6) Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries. --- Douglas Casey, Classmate of Bill Clinton

7) Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.\ --- PJ. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

8) Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. --- Frederic Bastiat, French Economist (1801-1850)

9) Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. --- Ronald Reagan (1986)

10) I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers

1) If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free. --- P. J. O'Rourke

12) In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other. --- Voltaire (1764)

13) Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you. --- Pericles (430 B. C.)

Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other
day and you have to read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning
guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you got to
love this!!!!

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military nstallation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery,and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

J.P.

JP...
Ahhhhh... what he said
But, firearm training teaches you how to safely and correctly use a firearm...
Was the reporter from NPR ever taught how to correctly and safely use hers?:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back