No Safety Issues At 2005 Englishtown Race (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
F/C 4.80'S 325 MPH
T/F 4.50'S 330 MPH

The racers, teams seemed happy, no complaints about track, side by side hard racing, great to watch. Just wonder when safety issues became a concern to NHRA and the teams.

When did the problem start?

F/C 4.80'S 325 MPH
T/F 4.50'S 330 MPH

The racers, teams seemed happy, no complaints about track, side by side hard racing, great to watch. Just wonder when safety issues became a concern to NHRA and the teams.

When the car couldn't come to a stop, the parachutes caught on fire and the car slammed head-on into a wall instead of tires, longer sandpit, barrells, or anything other than a wall.:confused:

F/C 4.80'S 325 MPH
T/F 4.50'S 330 MPH

that could be one of the stupidest things i have ever read on here

If The end of the track was not safe,Why did the NHRA allow the race to go on. Does the Safety Safari inspect the shut down area before a event?

When the car couldn't come to a stop, the parachutes caught on fire and the car slammed head-on into a wall instead of tires, longer sandpit, barrells, or anything other than a wall.:confused:

The replay from espn is hard to see,but what it looks like is the car got airborne and hit the camera lift which should not have been there.

The replay from espn is hard to see,but what it looks like is the car got airborne and hit the camera lift which should not have been there.

The cause of the accident will be determined by NJ police. This will be the first legitimate investigation for an accident on NHRA track. But what I'm looking for has happen sometime ago, I believe it started after Wally's passing.

Well Chad you obviously don't get it. You believe the safety issues just started when Scott unfortunately lost his life. Maybe you should think before you speak!
I DO get it. I think its painfully obvious that NHRA and many racers have ignored this issue for years. There have been the few that have spoken out, but as Scelzi said, it fefll on deaf ears. It took the loss of one of the sports stars to wake everyone up to just how much kinetic energey one of these cars has. The safety issues have been there, but have been ingnored.

For the record, I have never raced at E-town, so I WAS unaware of the issues in the shutdown are there. Had I ever been there, I would have noticed, as I make it a practice to ride to the top end on the scooter before I make a pass (even in my lowly stocker). I just think your post was pointing out the obvious.

I DO get it. I think its painfully obvious that NHRA and many racers have ignored this issue for years. There have been the few that have spoken out, but as Scelzi said, it fefll on deaf ears. It took the loss of one of the sports stars to wake everyone up to just how much kinetic energey one of these cars has. The safety issues have been there, but have been ingnored.

For the record, I have never raced at E-town, so I WAS unaware of the issues in the shutdown are there. Had I ever been there, I would have noticed, as I make it a practice to ride to the top end on the scooter before I make a pass (even in my lowly stocker). I just think your post was pointing out the obvious.

If you get it like you say then whats stupid about the post. For you to say my post is stupid is saying I'm stupid and i take that personal. I've been involved in Drag Racing for over 30 yrs and i feel I'm very aware of whats involved in having a safe car and a safe track. If you had read my post you would realize my question to everyone was when did they notice the change in NHRA approach to safety, nothing stupid about that.

and Armco guard rail with an opening between them wasn't dangerous either :confused: All problems start when someone pays the price,right.

Last edited:
and Armco guard rail with an opening between them wasn't dangerous either :confused: All problems start when someone pays the price,right.

NO! Problems with safety have been in question for sometime, if i remember someone earlier this year said if safety issues aren't address by NHRA a driver or spectator will likely get hurt. There is no reason for someone to die because of a track safety issue period. I think the majority knows where the problem starts and where it should stop.

Anyone remember in 1990 when Johnny West got knocked out after slamming the wall? His car just kept accelerating when he ran off the track destroying his car! Why weren't racers complaining about shut-downs then?

Anyone remember in 1990 when Johnny West got knocked out after slamming the wall? His car just kept accelerating when he ran off the track destroying his car! Why weren't racers complaining about shut-downs then?

They did. The curved right lane wall was in direct response to Johnny's accident.

Oh boy. I'd call this a jump the shark thread but, then I wouldn't be thinking outside the box, would I? Someone needs to start a thread complaining about titanium cage shields and another one about ISP bars. Then just merge them all together so a moderator can delete them with one easy keystroke.

God forbid that we lose another TF or FC driver at a NHRA race that is 1000' will they (the powers that be, weather its NHRA or PRO) shorten the track to 800' or 1/8th ?

I don't know but I'd be willing to bet my house that more than 1 racer has been killed in 1/8 mile racing... what can we do well 1 thing make the races 330' it would slow em down, & EVERY track will have enough shut down length...

And there is always the option of having 60' races... YES I'm sounding like a jerk.. but in all honesty what can NHRA do if God Forbid something tragic happens in a 1000' race.. They can remove the blowers.. and make TF run like A/FD cars are now.. Bet there would be a lot of *****ing...

In any sport where you are going 250+ mph a fatality is always a possibility.. Yes we should try to prevent it but we CAN'T foresee every possible senierio... so there will always be a risk...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back