No Nitro Qualifying on Friday at NED (1 Viewer)

We had a wonderful time at New England Dragway and look forward to coming back next year.

We spent our Friday night "free time" in Portsmouth and Hampton Beach. We had a nice time there too.

Oh yeah, one other small tweek, could we forbid the IHRA announcer from ever saying "Bow chicka bow wow" ever again at NED? :D

man, it's 'bow chicka chicka bow wow'

no wonder you were aggravated....lol

I'd love to get up this race one day. I need to feel confident it would be worth it!

man, it's 'bow chicka chicka bow wow'

no wonder you were aggravated....lol

I'd love to get up this race one day. I need to feel confident it would be worth it!

Bob, think back to the Grande American races NED used to run in August or the short lived East Coast Fuel and Gas Championships, this event is allot like those, except no stunt pilot doing stalls right over the grandstands. :eek: Ahhh, those were the daze. :cool:

NOTE!!!!! I have not taken over IHRA yet but if or when the time ever comes you will see a very large change in drag racing and for the future of the sport and for the fans and tv and sponsors packages will be out of this world. Thanks Evan.

Hey Evan....want to borrow a few bucks to buy it out? :p

Your plan sounds very exciting!!

We had a wonderful time at New England Dragway and look forward to coming back next year.

We spent our Friday night "free time" in Portsmouth and Hampton Beach. We had a nice time there too.

Hey T....everytime I thought of it, I meant to come by and say HI. However, at 34 I have full onset Allzheimers (sp?)

You guys had the baddest hot rod on the grounds last weekend...and the absolute largest crowd in the pits.

Great job to the team!!

a local noise curfew

I'm wondering 'what's up' with that curfew. I sat in the pits Saturday night and listen to the dirt track racers. We even thought about running down there - but thought surely the curfew would end the racing before we got there...

They raced past midnight.... what's up with that? Curfew for drag racing only?

Hey T....everytime I thought of it, I meant to come by and say HI. However, at 34 I have full onset Allzheimers (sp?)

You guys had the baddest hot rod on the grounds last weekend...and the absolute largest crowd in the pits.

Great job to the team!!
Thanks Pete, maybe next year.

I'm wondering 'what's up' with that curfew. I sat in the pits Saturday night and listen to the dirt track racers. We even thought about running down there - but thought surely the curfew would end the racing before we got there...

They raced past midnight.... what's up with that? Curfew for drag racing only?

Probably a curfew for unmuffled cars. Also Star Speedway (that's what you heard) is a 1/4 mile paved oval. I've also heard a phone call to the local police chief can get permission to run a little past the 11:00pm Saturday night curfew if need be. My understanding is NED has much better relations with the local town governments then Star. The decision to pll the plug on Friday night sounds like it had more to do with safety then other considerations.

Just wanted to give props to the Manchester Union Leader who did some decent coverage from the event this year and has several photos from the track in it's weekend photo review in the online version.

Hey Jim,

You nailed it. A phone call could have been made to extend racing on Friday night, BUT, the problem was not the time as much as it was the temp and dew point meeting. Once those two numbers meet on a cool New England evening, a cold race track is better suited to hosting Disney on Ice than a drag race....it would have been very hairy.

Brian

Hey Jim,

You nailed it. A phone call could have been made to extend racing on Friday night, BUT, the problem was not the time as much as it was the temp and dew point meeting. Once those two numbers meet on a cool New England evening, a cold race track is better suited to hosting Disney on Ice than a drag race....it would have been very hairy.

Brian

AMEN to that. As one of the ones that had to stay and clean up that mess, I think I did see a few characters from Disney....lol

Bring back the Funny Car Nationals ...... 32 Funny Cars lined up on the track, running at once , lots of nitro in the air, and lots of noise ( Music ) from the cars that looked like cars. September was magic at Epping.

Bring back the Funny Car Nationals ...... 32 Funny Cars lined up on the track, running at once , lots of nitro in the air, and lots of noise ( Music ) from the cars that looked like cars. September was magic at Epping.

"The Big One"!! Man, Drag Racing sure has chenged and I'm not conviced it's for the better. I still remember those races fondly, there will never be another quite like em.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back