NHRA to Restart in August Now (1 Viewer)

Jim they are reopening those things that can logically be reopened. Our governor Lamont here in Connecticut is terrified to make any decisions without the OK from his pals in NY, NJ and RI. I am not going to get political but threatening to have police pull people who "dare" to swim out of the water on memorial day weekend like the mayor of MY did this week will not ever lead to anything positive.

So I guess any governor that opens his state wide open for business in your opinion is doing the right thing?
Sorry I see them has trying to figure out the best way to deal with a virus that is killing the American People. This is uncharted water for all of us but the idea of just saying the hell with it and reopening is not something to take with a grain of salt.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com
Jim, rite now, the press is still reporting escalating cases, which is true....why? because more testing is taking place, hence higher numbers; and remember a high percentage of folks that test positive
are a-symptomatic......what we really need to know are death rates; which if you do the proper research, and can access real figures (which is not the mainstream media), you will find death rates
are commonly reported per state at less than 1%; elderly and cronic health problems by far the common cases of death........so yes, i actually agree with you, the gov'rs are being careful, but when you
see statistics showing that all the dem. gov'rs and only one rep. gov'r still have restrictions against religious gatherings, and all but one rep. gov'r. has now relaxing the same, you have to be skeptical
as to what is really going on here........in MN rite now you can have 50 people outdoor dining, but you can only have 10 people gathered for a religious service. surprise, no one can explain the
science behind this pathetic decision.....reminds of old saying, 'build a bigger school you make a bigger idiot'
IMO the nhra needs to take a close look at rep. led states for any chance for nat. events with spectators in 2020. not being political here, it's just the facts as they are playing out.

A local track here in Michigan is opening for test and tune this weekend. No spectators, crew has to be people that live with you. It's a start at least.

I saw in Ohio they are going to allow wedding receptions up to 300 people starting next week. Granted more people are at the track but you can spread out and are outside. Hopefully this will allow for more things opening sooner.

Mike Larson:

I live in Florida and our governor told all 22 state medical examiners to only report that people died and not that they died from the Corona Virus.

The women who build the dashboard for the site that lists all of the statistics for the Corona Virus here in Florida was told that she had to change some the data she entered which would effect the numbers of new cases and new testing and she refused to do it. They gave her the option to either change the data or retire or they would fire her.

She went public with what they were asking her to do and now the states is drumming more fake stories about her work.
Right now there is a great deal of misinformation being offered up my both parties on the subject which makes everything even more confusing.

It's just my opinion but when I go to the foods stores the majority of people are wearing masks and staying six feet apart and if the stores are allowed to have 50 people in the building that is how many shopping carts they have so when get the store and there are no shopping carriages you simply wait for someone to come out.

I wonder if the people who want to reopen things up again would be willing to sign something saying if they contracted the Corona Virus they would not seek medical attention from local hospitals.

Kind of an use at your own risk type of thing.

Jim Hill

Mike Larson:

I live in Florida and our governor told all 22 state medical examiners to only report that people died and not that they died from the Corona Virus.

The women who build the dashboard for the site that lists all of the statistics for the Corona Virus here in Florida was told that she had to change some the data she entered which would effect the numbers of new cases and new testing and she refused to do it. They gave her the option to either change the data or retire or they would fire her.

She went public with what they were asking her to do and now the states is drumming more fake stories about her work.
Right now there is a great deal of misinformation being offered up my both parties on the subject which makes everything even more confusing.

It's just my opinion but when I go to the foods stores the majority of people are wearing masks and staying six feet apart and if the stores are allowed to have 50 people in the building that is how many shopping carts they have so when get the store and there are no shopping carriages you simply wait for someone to come out.

I wonder if the people who want to reopen things up again would be willing to sign something saying if they contracted the Corona Virus they would not seek medical attention from local hospitals.

Kind of an use at your own risk type of thing.

Jim Hill
Jim, are you also ready to have people who are smokers, alcoholics, drug addicts sign something that they will agree not to seek medical attention from local hospitals?

While I'm not in favor of totally opening up the way things used to be, keeping everyone locked up is not the answer either. There needs to be a balance as people's lives are being devastated by being unemployed, their businesses going under and issues like suicide, child/spousal abuse and drug addiction are going up significantly, as predicted. The highest risk group is those over 80. Younger people are much lower risk. Outdoor activities are less risk than indoor activities. One size does not fit all, although some governors seem to think so. So far we are not seeing a surge in hospitalizations or deaths in areas that have partially opened in the last several weeks.

Jim, are you also ready to have people who are smokers, alcoholics, drug addicts sign something that they will agree not to seek medical attention from local hospitals?

While I'm not in favor of totally opening up the way things used to be, keeping everyone locked up is not the answer either. There needs to be a balance as people's lives are being devastated by being unemployed, their businesses going under and issues like suicide, child/spousal abuse and drug addiction are going up significantly, as predicted. The highest risk group is those over 80. Younger people are much lower risk. Outdoor activities are less risk than indoor activities. One size does not fit all, although some governors seem to think so. So far we are not seeing a surge in hospitalizations or deaths in areas that have partially opened in the last several weeks.
Mike you are right if people want to go out and not following things like wearing masks and other things that is up to them.
Because I have had an autoimmune disease for 23 years and am 73 years old I guess I worry more then other people might.

Jim Hill

so is it fair to say that if nhra wants to hold any spectated nat. event/s this year, it mite come down to finding a track in a state that will allow it? (schedule be damned)
maybe with a daily cap of 10k tickets sold to make sure there is ample room in bleachers for spacing........or something like that...... no midway. no pit area.
just think, if nhra could beat other sports to it, and show in pictures their fans spread out in bleachers, wouldn't folks take notice and say, hey, that nhra really has it figured out.
i don't think there's a chance it will happen, but trying to be optimistic.

Last edited:
Jim, welcome to the "73 Club". I'm 73 also, but can pass for 40 in a pitch black room. :) I'm also one of those most at risk, as I have a nasty little disease called diabetes. So I know how you feel about going out. arghhhhhh

i don't think there's a chance it will happen, but trying to be optimistic.

I'm not as optimistic. Nobody is going to do an evil drag stip any favors; the general public would be just fine with shuttering every last one of them. So unless Governors decide to go wide open again, most tracks won't survive being sequestered longterm. No fans = no money, not only for the owners but for NHRA. It wouldn't surprise me to see the rest of the 2020 season scuttled - in fact, the NHRA is going to have to come up with a serious plan to ensure its own survival and that's not guaranteed by any means.

Here in Florida this is really the first big weekend that the beaches were open with the understanding that people would have to follow the guidelines of social distancing and not being in groups.
Well by 2 PM on Saturday they would not allow anyone else to park or enter the beach area because of overcrowding.

Two weeks from Saturday they will be looking to see if the cases are increasing faster then what was normal and then decide what to do next.
I am not sure what percentage of the beaches were opened here in the Clearwater area as compared to Daytona Beach but they both have similar results.

I understand how important it is to get things up and running again but at what cost in human lives will they keep doing this.

If you have any type of major event where there are larger crowds then they expected and people get the virus or died can these promoters be held liable?
From a promoter's point of view this looks like walking through a minefield to me.

Jim Hill

If you have any type of major event where there are larger crowds then they expected and people get the virus or died can these promoters be held liable?
From a promoter's point of view this looks like walking through a minefield to me.

Jim Hill

No lawyer here, but I can't imagine how a promoter could be held liable. No way in hell to prove how or exactly when the plaintiff became infected, or who from.

I don't see how promoters can be held liable either because they didn't make anybody attend an event, you went at your own free will.
But then again, this the U.S.A. where lawyers will sue anybody for anything.

I think it's called reckless endangerment when you host an event that you know could risk the health or well being of any participant or spectator.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, ain't no way that the NHRA big show will race this year. Mass gatherings (which the NHRA needs for revenue) along with live concerts won't happen until Stage 4 of the re-opening plan which "experts" say won't happen until the end of the year. Glen Clownwell and his stooges should bite the bullet, cancel the 2020 season and concentrate on 2021. Let's face it, this shit has disrupted not only drag racing but everything in all of our lives and to put peoples live at risk for a drag race is unconscionable.

No lawyer here, but I can't imagine how a promoter could be held liable. No way in hell to prove how or exactly when the plaintiff became infected, or who from.
From what I have read MLB is 'offering a new plan and poss fans in stands and everything in our life has legal issue's but it may boil to just taking the fans temperatures which is easy and as fast as buying a ticket. The race last weekend at Texas Gov approved spectators to attend 25% but haven't heard how it worked in such a short notice..NHRA needs to be watching what going on other sports

I'm curious how the drivers feel about this? Are they going to sign autographs or have any interaction with fans? Will NHRA allow pit access? I cant see this working at all unless its done without fans. And if a promoter opens its doors to fans they are liable.

july races in indy w/o fans? i like the sound of this. republican state. nhra track. host a race or two and put it on FOX and see what the ratings are.
have to do a lot of pre-race advertising to get the word out about the broadcasts........air them tape delayed on sunday evening when most folks are home to watch, or run the deal live
under the lights

july races in indy w/o fans? i like the sound of this. republican state. nhra track. host a race or two and put it on FOX and see what the ratings are.
have to do a lot of pre-race advertising to get the word out about the broadcasts........air them tape delayed on sunday evening when most folks are home to watch, or run the deal live
under the lights
Mike: Do you think the NHRA would run a race with not fans sitting in the stands? Who pays all the bills since there is no TV or Cable deal.

Jim Hill

Mike: Do you think the NHRA would run a race with not fans sitting in the stands? Who pays all the bills since there is no TV or Cable deal.

Jim Hill
jim, read the two stories posted on complus today......tasca and force......they elude to the possibility of something of the sort

A local track here in Michigan is opening for test and tune this weekend. No spectators, crew has to be people that live with you. It's a start at least.

I saw in Ohio they are going to allow wedding receptions up to 300 people starting next week. Granted more people are at the track but you can spread out and are outside. Hopefully this will allow for more things opening sooner.
Michigan has a ******* idiot as their Governor!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back