NHRA to LIMIT Energy Drink Sponsors (1 Viewer)

I think Rock Star and Monster are good through 2009, so that leaves one which (Max owns Vegas Fuel so I doubt he is going anywhere) may not be around next year and that team was not in Reading.

If I understood correctly, Max Naylor has purchased Vegas Fuel and intends to advertize such with his pro stock car. Wouldn't that be an extreme financial blow to Max if, for some reason, that's not possible after all he's spent to bring it about?

Add another line to the t-shirt???

This has nothing to do with the car sponsors, or the signage on the cars, trucks, awnings or tow cars.

To use the tool companies just as an example. If Doug Herbert has a model at his pit handing out Snap-on info, that's one thing. If he sends this model over to stand in front of the Kalitta pit to hand out Snap-on info, would that be OK? What about any of the other MAC TOOLS cars?

I'm guessing that most of you said no.

So the issue becomes where do you draw the line? And the answer is at the end of the pit stall. So if your model is roaming the pits, she is breaking the rules. It's not a matter of sponsoring the cars, it's a matter of what is and isn't allowed at the track.

Alan

okay, it's me again, your 'not even' average target market...

I just discovered Full Throttle Coffee... not bad... just hope next season they don't have 'The Screamers' as their face at the drags... those guy are the one reason I will never buy PowerAde... and this season, they sure have not convinced me to insure with Government Employees Insurance Company

I've walked out of Car Dealerships because of pushy 'after the sales extras' sales people... I made the 'deal' on the car, as it was sitting, with the factory warranty.

What I'm saying is that it is easier to sell me against your product by being pushy. cute girls running around the pits? sure, why not... is it going to convince me to try the product? I don't think so...

d'kid

I hope the Rockstar gals get out of line when I'm around, especially Andrea! They'll get they're own Photo album!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with the car sponsors, or the signage on the cars, trucks, awnings or tow cars.

To use the tool companies just as an example. If Doug Herbert has a model at his pit handing out Snap-on info, that's one thing. If he sends this model over to stand in front of the Kalitta pit to hand out Snap-on info, would that be OK? What about any of the other MAC TOOLS cars?

So the issue becomes where do you draw the line? And the answer is at the end of the pit stall. So if your model is roaming the pits, she is breaking the rules. It's not a matter of sponsoring the cars, it's a matter of what is and isn't allowed at the track.

Alan
I would hope the quality of my tools is the difference..not some babe roaming the pits.

Now..if they were saying..come back here and I'll show you why our TOOLS are better. Nah...I'd still go but I would by the better tool..hehe.

It just seems kind of childish to me.

(Huh uh...I said tool)

I would hope the quality of my tools is the difference..not some babe roaming the pits.

Now..if they were saying..come back here and I'll show you why our TOOLS are better. Nah...I'd still go but I would by the better tool..hehe.

It just seems kind of childish to me.

(Huh uh...I said tool)

David.. are you kidding me?.. why should a company stand on the quaility of their products?... lol..

yes folks that was a joke.....

So if the Rock Star Babes can't work the crowd while roamin freely amongst us all, then does that mean they may be required to be chained and caged? :p

I would think Tolivers Camp would then be seriously inundated. Could get interesting. Hot Wax comes to mind.

Rock Star could be huge.....think about it.

Alan

So what if a very good looking girl is walking around wearing a logo shirt. Will someone ask her if she is a paid model ? What if Mac Tools or Snap On paid a model or bunch of models under the table to just walk around in their shirts.

Compitition is healthy .... remember the Snake and Mongoose.

So what about the Skoal girls who are well outside their pit area coaxing people into their display? What about the Brut girls who wandered all over handing out samples of their pooh? There are people all over the manufacturer's midway handing out things, talking people into their booths.

This is just getting silly... Doesn't NHRA have better things to worry about?

The Skoal girls don't go to the ARMY pit, or the Bud pit, they stay in front of theirs. And BRUT was an official sponsor so that's different.

The bottom line is that there are rules. And the rule have been in place for a while. If you abide by them, then you don't have a problem. If you don't then you will be called on it.

Sounds a little like more DSR bashing. I think a bullet needs to be put in the head of "the official widget of the NHRA" thing. I understand that Full Throttle will be the title rights sponsor, but to be able to ban/grandfather the other energy drinks they should be bringing a lot more cash/promotion of the sport to the table.

S/F
D

Hey Suzie,

At The MAC TOOLS US Nationals, would it be OK for Snap-On to hire models to run around the pits and hand out discount cupons, and info on why their tools are better?

Alan

Yes Alan, it would be. It's called "competition in business". Mac tools could do the same.

:rolleyes:

So Reinhart ... using YOUR analogy, can we assume you believe Rock Star is the better beverage vs. Full Throttle?!

Careful now, Tom and Graham may read your response. Oh no, probably not .. I always forget their interest in drag raing is primarily limited to their financial package, golf club membership, expense account ... I could go on .. but who would listen!

Right On KC!!!!
Thats coming from a dude who knows!!!
Great you're on here!:)

Perhaps you could give them a spankin!!!:D
oh noooo...here we go again!

whipddf.jpg

So Reinhart ... using YOUR analogy, can we assume you believe Rock Star is the better beverage vs. Full Throttle?!

Careful now, Tom and Graham may read your response. Oh no, probably not .. I always forget their interest in drag raing is primarily limited to their financial package, golf club membership, expense account ... I could go on .. but who would listen!

DUDE! When are you coming BACK?! It's this kind of no-bullsh-- drivers that are missing from this sport, the "just say it like it is and race" crowd.

We miss you bro.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back