NHRA to LIMIT Energy Drink Sponsors (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
NHRA grandfathering of energy drink sponsors is taking a twist.
Per Competition Plus, NHRA is putting the squeeze on those grandfathered sponsors. In particular, mentioned was the Rock Star girls.
Does this mean they will have to wear sunglasses:D

Lee
Nitroclovers

I just don't get why they want to make things sooo hard for racers to go racing! They turn the screw on these companies and drive away the dollars! Pretty soon there will be only 2 people that will be able to race............Graham & Tom! I want to see them dress up and run down the quarter mile!:D

Hey Suzie,

At The MAC TOOLS US Nationals, would it be OK for Snap-On to hire models to run around the pits and hand out discount cupons, and info on why their tools are better?

Alan

I thought there were four energy drink sponsors (Monster, Rock Star, Vis Visa and Vegas Fuel). Is one already gone?

Agree 100% with Susie - assume pressure on NHRA is coming from series sponsor. Classic case of "What Were You Thinking?"

At The MAC TOOLS US Nationals, would it be OK for Snap-On to hire models to run around the pits and hand out discount cupons, and info on why their tools are better?

Why not? Does the naming agreement contain these restrictions? If not, and their behavior is OK at every other event, why not here? Did they tell Castrol not to bring their big show truck to the LUCAS OIL Nationals in Brainerd? How far are they going to take this? Cover up the "Goodyear" on the side of the tires at the TOYO Tires Nationals in Reading?

I think the point is that, with sponsorships so hard to come by, why would the sanctioning body make ANY kinds of moves that limit access to the lifeblood of the sport: $$$$ ?

Hey Suzie,

Alan

So Reinhart ... using YOUR analogy, can we assume you believe Rock Star is the better beverage vs. Full Throttle?!

Careful now, Tom and Graham may read your response. Oh no, probably not .. I always forget their interest in drag raing is primarily limited to their financial package, golf club membership, expense account ... I could go on .. but who would listen!

Hey Suzie,

Alan

Hey Alan, I was with Mac Tools for 15 years and the Snap-On dealer was my best marketing tool, he sold a lot of tool boxes for me. I would say bring on the girls.

I'm sorry Graham and Tom are out in left field 90% of the time, they are killing a great organization NHRA!

Hey Suzie,

Alan

I thought they already did that! Does Snap-On or any other tool company have to redact their logo on the car now?:D

The thing that gets me is there isn't a surplus of sponsors to draw from, if the two energy drink sponsors (Toliver and TJ) leave Funny Car, then before you know it FC will be facing either 16 or on a good weekend 18 cars on the property. I think Joliet was the last race that had more than 16 cars in Top Fuel. Aside from the purse increases is there going to be anything different out of Full Throttle next year?

As always, I'm NOT speaking for NHRA. But I have seen a couple of instances where the Rockstar girls needed to be reminded what the rules were.

The Logo's on the cars aren't the issue. It's the girls that are. There are rules in place for where they can be and what they can do. And the Rockstar girls tend to push the limits.

Alan

And Susie, if another tool company did what I said they would be told to stop. Handing out stuff in your pit is not the same as cruzing the pits to give away your stuff.

P.S. I'm not picking on you. I just thought that the point would hit home if it were your sponsor getting stepped on.

As always, I'm NOT speaking for NHRA. But I have seen a couple of instances where the Rockstar girls needed to be reminded what the rules were.

The Logo's on the cars aren't the issue. It's the girls that are. There are rules in place for where they can be and what they can do. And the Rockstar girls tend to push the limits.

Alan

And Susie, if another tool company did what I said they would be told to stop. Handing out stuff in your pit is not the same as cruzing the pits to give away your stuff.

P.S. I'm not picking on you. I just thought that the point would hit home if it were your sponsor getting stepped on.

Well, sometimes ho's can get out of hand! LOL!!! (IT IS A JOKE!!!)

Don't the tool companies have their stuff set up in the Merchandise Row? Competition is good for business. Sometimes it just seems that they get a little too persnickety about stuff.

Most of all, I just don't like seeing good racers sidelined because the sandbox is not big enough for everyone to play nice. I predict "shrinkage" in the entry lists of the future!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back