NHRA schedule announcement ? (1 Viewer)

More and more states are seeing a increase in cases and hospitalizations. Some of the state's are either slowing in moving forward to allowing crowds or are even moving back in their requirements. Today the virus hospitalizations are increasing. It going to be interesting how this effects NHRA's schedule, doesn't look real good today.

I understand from another drag racing Facebook page/site that I frequent that ticket sales for the first race are being limited to 5,000 spectators.

NHRA announced today the requirements for fans attending the upcoming races. They will require masks, temp check, and social distance in the stands. Totally reasonable in my mind and I will be there next month to support them in Indy. https://www.nhra.com/fans
I’m willing to do what is requested to attend a race but you know some people will completely ignore the mask requirement. I would not want to be the workers who have to enforce it.

Sad to see the mask requirement, had planned on racing HPT but won’t with a mask required in August. IFR does not warrant mandatory masks and it’s too expensive to race and be unhappy when I can race LODRS events and not have the mandate.

After reading many of the posts I have come to the conclusion that there are two camps of people in our country.
The people who agree to wear masks if that is what they require and those who refuse to wear masks for different reasons.

Not sure how the NHRA or any other group can solve this problem. Part of the problem also appears to be many people do not believe what the news shows or what the health professionals are telling them.
Here in Florida, the coronavirus in certain parts of the state is seeing daily new record numbers of cases and it's now over 3,000 each day so yes I wear a mask whenever I leave my home.

Each of us has a right to decide if we want to wear a mask or not to wear it but I think just like the president is asking people to sign a waiver to release them before coming to his events maybe people who don't want to wear masks should also sign a wavier for the rest of us who are trying to do what they are telling us to do.

Jim Hill

I understand from another drag racing Facebook page/site that I frequent that ticket sales for the first race are being limited to 5,000 spectators.
That's correct, the first 2 races in Indy are limited to 5k fans. It should be easy to social distance with that few of people in attendance.

That's correct, the first 2 races in Indy are limited to 5k fans. It should be easy to social distance with that few of people in attendance.
I'll be at the first Indy event. Will be interesting to see the social distancing around John and Brittany Force's pits. I will not be one of the people in those crowds.

After reading many of the posts I have come to the conclusion that there are two camps of people in our country.
The people who agree to wear masks if that is what they require and those who refuse to wear masks for different reasons.

Not sure how the NHRA or any other group can solve this problem. Part of the problem also appears to be many people do not believe what the news shows or what the health professionals are telling them.
Here in Florida, the coronavirus in certain parts of the state is seeing daily new record numbers of cases and it's now over 3,000 each day so yes I wear a mask whenever I leave my home.

Each of us has a right to decide if we want to wear a mask or not to wear it but I think just like the president is asking people to sign a waiver to release them before coming to his events maybe people who don't want to wear masks should also sign a wavier for the rest of us who are trying to do what they are telling us to do.

Jim Hill

I think its garbage people think wearing a mask has to do with rights but if they agree to sign a waiver and get the virus every hospital should deny them help.

Arizona has now become a hot spot for covid. Gov Ducey said it was up to the cities to decide if people have to mask up. The most liberal cities, Tempe, Phoenix, Flagstaff, etc jumped on the bandwagon right away. Rural areas are not requiring masks so far. Am waiting to see what will happen with Wild Horse and Tucson Dragway. Hoping they will start running in July or Aug. Until then, thank God there are drags on line that I can watch. Houston had a good Div 4 race. They had a rain delay but got finished around 11:30 PM.

I thought everyone was lamenting the empty stands during regular season races...keep charging what you do NHRA, and the stands will have plenty of room to stretch out...

I'll be at the first Indy event. Will be interesting to see the social distancing around John and Brittany Force's pits. I will not be one of the people in those crowds.
as previously mentioning in another thread regarding this situation in force pits.......darwinism at work.

I'm not a fan of the mask but I get wearing them while walking around and would do so. If we're outside and social distancing, once we are seated I don't see why or that people will keep them on.

I'm not a fan of the mask but I get wearing them while walking around and would do so. If we're outside and social distancing, once we are seated I don't see why or that people will keep them on.
I read the CDC believes the way the virus enters our bodies is through the nose and if that is true I understand why it would make sense for everyone to wear a mask.

Jim Hill

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back