NHRA schedule announcement ? (1 Viewer)

My question is Atlanta. I had Tix for the cancelled event and now it's back on in August. I have just emailed NHRA to see how that works. I'll wait for a reply or call the dragway maybe tomorrow. Originally they said they'd just send the tickets for the event next year. I would prefer that seeing it would be June in Atlanta rather than August in Atlanta. Not much difference but a bit warmer and maybe by then the virus is out of the picture.

Anybody remember Cowboy? He would love this LoL

Just my thoughts (and Google Maps)
Alan
[/QUOTE]

He passed me on the freeway after a race once, he was going a little quicker than i was :)

Bet your kid will appreciate you going to the races for the five hundreth time, instead of his once in his age group baseball tournament.
At least your wife is going.
No worries, I asked nicely and "compromised" that I can go one day. Fingers crossed for early games on Saturday and maybe I can sneak 2 days in :). I will be in Atlanta 2 weeks before that for a week long tournament, so I have put my time in. With Chicago being removed from the schedule, I need to make up for that somehow. Looks like US Nationals and St. Louis in October will be on my list this year.

Not sure what you want? If the choice is race in September or don't run the race and we poll the teams everyone of them would say "Let's race!"
We've had to race when it's 100 degrees and when it's 40 degrees, we've raced in ridiculous humidity and no humidity.

I for one would rather run the race than not run the race. Crew Chiefs will adjust, and Florida fans know how to deal with the humidity just as Arizona fans deal with the heat during the summer at events that take place during the summer, Baseball for instance.

Alan

Anyone know if the ticket office is open? There's a # number on the NHRA page to get tickets for the Indy races and I was on hold for 30 minutes before I bailed.

I for one would rather run the race than not run the race. Crew Chiefs will adjust, and Florida fans know how to deal with the humidity just as Arizona fans deal with the heat during the summer at events that take place during the summer, Baseball for instance.
Alan
The conditions are the same for everyone in these deals. I can remember running at the old Stardust in Las Vegas and qulifying was from 10:00 PM to Midnight - first round at 1:00 AM - temperature 112 degrees. AND back then we didn't have the pit set ups like now. Funnything was the crowd was big & it was getting to be light for the final round. Your Firesuit was a lot heavier and pretty ripe also.

Not sure what you want? If the choice is race in September or don't run the race and we poll the teams everyone of them would say "Let's race!"
We've had to race when it's 100 degrees and when it's 40 degrees, we've raced in ridiculous humidity and no humidity.

Alan
You know how people nowadays like to point out any lack of perfection for their particular situation! People who live in the area are certainly conditioned to deal with it (and yes your body does climatize over the years) and the rest can complain about the weather in their room with the big screen TV in it. Light em and send em .... heat and humidity is a great equalizer for heads up racing.

Patrick,

They will be home more than you might think, Seattle and Denver, they would stay out as always, but it's just over 16 hours from Denver to Brownsburg so they'll go home then.
Brownsburg to Topeka is less than 9 hours.
Brownsburg to Atlanta, 9 hours.
Probably stay out Reading, Charlotte, Gainesville, then home.
Brownsburg to Madison, 4 hours.
Home before and after Bristol.
Then I guess the Houston event could go either way as it's 15 hours back to Brownsburg, then a long haul to Vegas.

With the Pro's just running two days it's and extra day to get home if needed, and I would bet then DSR and JFR have already come up with a system to have a parts truck running back and forth. I would also bet they have told the other teams based there, that they will help with freight. For instance if Torrence or Cruz needed something it would seem to me that they would throw it on whatever track was making the trip that time.

Anybody remember Cowboy? He would love this LoL

Just my thoughts (and Google Maps)
Alan

I may be really late on this one, but has/will drag racing do more of a secondary parts shop strategically closer than home instead of stopping all the the way home? Much like Amazon and all their strategically placed warehouses across the country for faster shipping. All that I could guess is that Force may be the only one I know of with a shop in Indy and a shop in Yorba Linda.

Anyone know if the ticket office is open? There's a # number on the NHRA page to get tickets for the Indy races and I was on hold for 30 minutes before I bailed.
Ticket office is open but hold times are very long due to huge number of calls and reduced staffing. I think I was on hold about 50 minutes-set the phone to speaker and went about my business. Got tickets for the July 11-12 event.

Ticket office is open but hold times are very long due to huge number of calls and reduced staffing. I think I was on hold about 50 minutes-set the phone to speaker and went about my business. Got tickets for the July 11-12 event.
Thanks, I got an email just now to order tickets. I ordered tickets to both weekends.

It took me just over a hour to get through today.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back