NHRA schedule announcement ? (1 Viewer)

Not buying my tickets just yet. Gonna see how this all plays out. We'd planned on going to Seattle and the Finals this year, but the Washington and California Governors might just say no go to the races in their states.

For years now, a group of us from Inland Mopars Car Club has purchased reserved seat tickets for Friday qualifying at both the Winternationals and Finals because we don't like the weekend crowds.
NHRA has already received payment for the Friday qualifying tickets for the 2020 Auto Club Finals, but none of us are going since there will not be any nitro qualifying on Friday. NHRA probably will not issue any refund so we're hoping they will credit the money already paid toward a future event.

wonder what car counts will be as this unique season gets underway again next month?
wonder if nhra will offer any incentive to keep teams at indy for both of first two races? will west coast teams skip indy and join tour in seattle?

wonder what car counts will be as this unique season gets underway again next month?
wonder if nhra will offer any incentive to keep teams at indy for both of first two races? will west coast teams skip indy and join tour in seattle?
Saw some rumors circulating on twitter that two popular veterans are slated to make an appearance in Indy. It didn’t mention names or class but it was started by a certain SR editor of National Dragster.

Saw some rumors circulating on twitter that two popular veterans are slated to make an appearance in Indy. It didn’t mention names or class but it was started by a certain SR editor of National Dragster.

Why are people so afraid to name names? That SR. Editor of National Dragster is Kevin McKenna. 🤣🤣🤣

Alan

Why are people so afraid to name names? That SR. Editor of National Dragster is Kevin McKenna. 🤣🤣🤣

Alan
Should I let the cat out of the bag by announcing the return of Tony Schumacher for at least a single race? Nah let’s keep it quiet for now. Wonder what Gary Scelzi is doing in July.

Last edited:
Should I let the cat out of the bag by announcing the return of Tony Schumacher for at least a single race? Nah let’s keep it quiet for now. Wonder what Gary Scelzi is doing in July.
My guess would be the same thing he was doing last year every time I saw him at a midget race...helping his sons and at least one time picking up the dry cleaning at the same time I was picking up mine.:) I only went to 5 midget and sprint car races but he was at everyone of them.

My guess would be the same thing he was doing last year every time I saw him at a midget race...helping his sons and at least one time picking up the dry cleaning at the same time I was picking up mine.:) I only went to 5 midget and sprint car races but he was at everyone of them.

Wait a minute Eugene, You mean to tell me that you get your shorts dry cleaned? Just kidding! :)

Eugene, what do you think about this schedule? I know drivers run schedule like this all the time but do you wish you had to do it or glad you are retired(enjoying it I hope.)

I think it's gonna be brutal for the smaller teams but, In drag Racing, No matter what everyone is family to help each other out.

Just saw the racing schedule for July 11-12 on NHRA.com. Eliminations way different than a normal event. Nitro eliminations on Sunday start at 9am and event is finished by 2:30.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back