NHRA schedule announcement ? (1 Viewer)

Just saw the racing schedule for July 11-12 on NHRA.com. Eliminations way different than a normal event. Nitro eliminations on Sunday start at 9am and event is finished by 2:30.
Looks like I will be home in Chicago by dinner time on Sunday. The weekend schedule is perfect for those driving in from a few hours. The race the following weekend I have more flexibility as I will be in Fishers starting on Thursday thru Sunday night for a baseball tournament.

I don't understand why there are 3 events at Indy and none at Norwalk! Summit Motorsports Park isn't THAT far from Brownsburg or Ypsilanti for that matter. It's a very popular event and a beautiful facility. Who's idea was that, Bader? Summit? NHRA? I'm sure KB Racing is bummed out about not racing at their sponsor's event.

I don't understand why there are 3 events at Indy and none at Norwalk! Summit Motorsports Park isn't THAT far from Brownsburg or Ypsilanti for that matter. It's a very popular event and a beautiful facility. Who's idea was that, Bader? Summit? NHRA? I'm sure KB Racing is bummed out about not racing at their sponsor's event.

Don't know the real story and probably never will, but at the time of that announcement it seem to me that NHRA was about to piss in Bader's cornflakes and Bader took a pre-emptive strike and told the world he was telling NHRA to take a hike.

Don't know the real story and probably never will, but at the time of that announcement it seem to me that NHRA was about to piss in Bader's cornflakes and Bader took a pre-emptive strike and told the world he was telling NHRA to take a hike.

I guess it was Bader's decision then. I guess there will be no night under fire either?

Bader 1 month ago: "We are opening, nobody tells me how to run my business."
Bader now: "Due to safety concerns, we will not be opening."

Hilarious.

Bader 1 month ago: "We are opening, nobody tells me how to run my business."
Bader now: "Due to safety concerns, we will not be opening."

Hilarious.
It's his sandbox he can do whatever he wants with it. The NHRA does the same thing in their sandbox in many ways.
English Town kind of told the NHRA to take a hike and I know other tracks that feel the same way.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

if indiana covid laws will allow, running two races next month in indy, and broadcast on fox network, IMO is a HUGE win for nhra. i sure hope the broadcasts start later in day.
i miss drag racing, but same as before, if it's a nice, summer day, i will not waste it inside in front of a tv.

if indiana covid laws will allow, running two races next month in indy, and broadcast on fox network, IMO is a HUGE win for nhra. i sure hope the broadcasts start later in day.
i miss drag racing, but same as before, if it's a nice, summer day, i will not waste it inside in front of a tv.
I’m guessing they plan on running the eliminations live on Fox. The event is scheduled to end at 2:30pm ET.

I’m guessing they plan on running the eliminations live on Fox. The event is scheduled to end at 2:30pm ET.
I had heard that both of the Indy elims in July would be live on the Fox Network. Being in California, that means I will still have my whole afternoon after the broadcast is over for the first race.

Why’s that? The race is a month out. I’m sure all of the regulars will be there

I get that it's a month away and the Big 3 are not really on the lists. Already 10 TF and FC cars on the list without them. But I was thinking more in terms of how many small, independents teams are coming out to race plus the fact that Tim Wilkerson is running a second car at each race, one with his son Daniel behind the wheel and the other with Chad Green driving.

Last edited:
NHRA MELLO YELLO DRAG RACING RETUNS BEGINNING WITH TWO INDIANAPOLIS EVENTS IN JULY
NHRA Drag Racing will return to the world stage in a major way in mid-July, relaunching its Mello Yello Drag Racing Series and associated programs with events on back-to-back weekends at famed Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis.
The two events will be run on consecutive weeks, July 11-12 and July 18-19 at the home of the newly-sponsored Denso Spark Plugs NHRA U.S. Nationals and serve as the launch point for 15 more NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series events that will follow beginning two weeks later in Seattle. The season will conclude with the crowning of the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series champions November 13-15 at the Auto Club NHRA Finals at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona.
Sixteen of the events on the revised schedule will be condensed to two-day competition schedules for the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series classes due to economic and logistical factors. This will entail one day of qualifications (two rounds) on Saturday and Final Eliminations on Sunday. Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series classes will begin racing on Friday.
July 11-12 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing, Indianapolis
July 18-19
NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing, Indianapolis
July 31-Aug. 2
Flav-R-Pac NHRA Northwest Nationals, Seattle
Aug. 7-9
Dodge Mile-High NHRA Nationals, Denver
Aug. 14-16
Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals, Brainerd, Minn.
Aug. 21-23
Menards NHRA Heartland Nationals, Topeka, Kan.
Aug. 28-30
NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta
Sept. 3-6
Denso Spark Plugs NHRA U.S. Nationals*, Indianapolis
Sept. 11-13
Mopar Express Lane NHRA Nationals, Reading, Pa.
Sept. 18-20
NGK Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals, Charlotte
Sept. 25-27
Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals, Gainesville, Fla.
Oct. 2-4
AAA Insurance NHRA Midwest Nationals, St. Louis
Oct. 9-11
NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals, Bristol, Tenn.
Oct. 16-18
AAA Texas NHRA FallNationals, Dallas
Oct. 23-25
Mopar Express Lane NHRA SpringNationals, Houston
Oct. 30-Nov. 1
Dodge NHRA Nationals, Las Vegas
Nov. 13-15
Auto Club NHRA Finals, Pomona, Calif.
Schedule subject to change due to evolving facts and guidelines
All events listed above will contest the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series on Saturday and Sunday only
*The U.S. Nationals will have one Mello Yello Drag Racing Series qualifying round on Friday and two rounds on Saturday, followed by Eliminations on Sunday
So when will they be giving back refunds for all Friday events? They should accompany what they plan to do to refund people for the races cancelled, Friday event tickets that were paid for and for the events that that are on the schedule where limited attendance for NHRA Members only! What’s the use of having tickets if your not allowed to attend?
I see some serious lawsuits coming down the pike for NHRA!

So when will they be giving back refunds for all Friday events? They should accompany what they plan to do to refund people for the races cancelled, Friday event tickets that were paid for and for the events that that are on the schedule where limited attendance for NHRA Members only! What’s the use of having tickets if your not allowed to attend?
I see some serious lawsuits coming down the pike for NHRA!
I think each track will be offering different alternatives. For example, for the Gatornationals the best alternative offered was a credit towards next year for Friday or the entire event if you can't attend the new dates. Vegas and Sonoma offered a credit towards next year of 120% of your cost or refunds. For Topeka I just credited my $ to next year. Haven't heard from Indy, Vegas II, Pomona II or Dallas re: Friday credit.

I think each track will be offering different alternatives. For example, for the Gatornationals the best alternative offered was a credit towards next year for Friday or the entire event if you can't attend the new dates. Vegas and Sonoma offered a credit towards next year of 120% of your cost or refunds. For Topeka I just credited my $ to next year. Haven't heard from Indy, Vegas II, Pomona II or Dallas re: Friday credit.
With the financial state people have been thrown into hard money is more important than a rain check. All I see is trouble coming down the road for NHRA! Like I said in a previous post I’m sure some fans won’t be back! It’s well known that they do have an attendance issue before this plandemic happened! This isn’t gonna help!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back