NHRA Museum (1 Viewer)

You're all forgetting that the current group of "suits" have no idea about the history of drag racing. None of them, save Light, had ever seen a drag race before they were hired. Three of them came from a dog food company. Therefore, there is no way they have any soft spot for the cars & history that started it all.....lose money or not. Sad, sad, sad.

According to most people here, if you look during the fuel classes every seat is filled, and during the super classes every seat is empty.

If the super Classes actually were drag racing instead of the stop and go crap there might actually be a few butts in the seats.
Just my opinion.

I don't know about the museum, but I do know that's what caused Frank Hawley's school to leave Pomona. The Fairplex jacked the rent way up. And then limited the dates.

One thing about having a business in Calif, sooner or later you WILL move to another state. Calif loves to tax EVERYONE and there is no limit if the corrupt politicians (I know, I'm being redundant) think they can get away with it. That's why the state is going bankrupt. Politicians don't like businesses. But they do like giving money away to illegal aliens.

Maybe have the museum classified as a historical place. That might get them a break on taxes. Who knows?

One thing about having a business in Calif, sooner or later you WILL move to another state. Calif loves to tax EVERYONE and there is no limit if the corrupt politicians (I know, I'm being redundant) think they can get away with it. That's why the state is going bankrupt. Politicians don't like businesses. But they do like giving money away to illegal aliens.

This had nothing to do with taxes or "corrupt politicians" or giving money to illegal aliens. It was the Fairplex deciding they wanted other tenants, and jacking up the rent to push them out. And also the city of LaVerne wants to limit the noise days, and cut the number of days Hawley could use the track.

According to most people here, if you look during the fuel classes every seat is filled, and during the super classes every seat is empty.

If the super Classes actually were drag racing instead of the stop and go crap there might actually be a few butts in the seats.
Just my opinion.

agree 100%!!!!

The sole interesting thing I find with the Super classes is the occasional oddball or traditional car in the pits. Also, those with creative paint jobs. The stop and go stuff is so against what drag racing is all about, I sometimes suspect the only people interested are the Super Class participants themselves.

FWIW

-90% Jimmy:D:D:D:D

This had nothing to do with taxes or "corrupt politicians" or giving money to illegal aliens. It was the Fairplex deciding they wanted other tenants, and jacking up the rent to push them out. And also the city of LaVerne wants to limit the noise days, and cut the number of days Hawley could use the track.

Politicans are the ones who run the Fairplex!!!!!:):eek:

The sole interesting thing I find with the Super classes is the occasional oddball or traditional car in the pits. Also, those with creative paint jobs. The stop and go stuff is so against what drag racing is all about, I sometimes suspect the only people interested are the Super Class participants themselves.

FWIW

-90% Jimmy:D:D:D:D

Funny you mention that. I've always been totally perplexed as to how anyone that considers themselves a drag racer could be interested at all in those classes. Furthermore, it seems that some of the individuals racing in those classes have 10 times as much money in their motorhomes and trailers than they do in the car. It's like it's a "contest" to see who is the richest person in the SC/SG/SS pits. I'd bet that some of those guys have more money in their total operation than some TF/FC racers (Grant Downing, Steven Chrisman, Joe Hartley, Gary Densham, Terry Haddock, etc come to mind). Weird.

There is an obvious and simple solution to the museum issue, but one would have to have a background in racing, and not selling stuff(poorly), to understand. Move the museum to an NHRA owned property...like Indianapolis Raceway Park. No rent issues, BIG and INVOLVED motorsports community to support the museum and near the "Charlotte" of our sport. (oops, I forgot Mother Indy is for sale also...)

Having a museum (and a good one at that)on the grounds of the Speedway seems to work for them. Why not us.

Consigning the historical treasure of the past to the Petersen would be a massive betrayal of all of the "owners" of NHRA.

Mark

There is an obvious and simple solution to the museum issue, but one would have to have a background in racing, and not selling stuff(poorly), to understand. Move the museum to an NHRA owned property...like Indianapolis Raceway Park. No rent issues, BIG and INVOLVED motorsports community to support the museum and near the "Charlotte" of our sport. (oops, I forgot Mother Indy is for sale also...)

Having a museum (and a good one at that)on the grounds of the Speedway seems to work for them. Why not us.

Consigning the historical treasure of the past to the Petersen would be a massive betrayal of all of the "owners" of NHRA.

Mark

Post of the thread!!

Here here.

This is a completely logical idea. Which means, of course, that no one in actual charge of this decision will pay attention to it, because there aren't enough $ signs attached to it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back