NHRA ideas (1 Viewer)

Imagine what the cost to build an indoor track would be. We'd need a building about 300-350 feet wide to accommodate grandstands on both sides, a track with staging lanes, and shutdown area close to 4000 feet long, but as we're all aware, the NHRA is hesitant to fork over any money out of their pockets, no matter how much of an upside there would be. Maybe someone could approach Bruton Smith, and have him build something along the lines of this.
Oh, wait. He'd probably want to make it 4 wide:rolleyes:

Not an indoor track but I would love it if the NHRA would put shades over the grandstands like they do at the Yas Marina track, but then they would have less need for $4 bottles of water and $8 beer.

Attachments

• dragracinguae.jpg
    dragracinguae.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 15
Don't need a "building", just a roof. Something that would protect the racing surface from weather, but allow plenty of air-movement so the spectators don't die. But, yeah, it would cost a bit...

There has got to be some nighttime fuel races. Since the days of the York US30 races there has been night races. Why can't we have them at Maple Grove??

Because the Amish would get mighty pissed if they couldn't sleep at dusk......got to get up early to milk them cows and feed the chickens....

I was at the Grove when eliminations ended after 10pm after a day of oil downs and rain delays in 1990....I'll never forget the eerie line of Amish on their bicycles showing up in our headlights....the look on their faces as we, the heathen, traffic-jammed their roads.....if looks could kill

Not an indoor track but I would love it if the NHRA would put shades over the grandstands like they do at the Yas Marina track, but then they would have less need for $4 bottles of water and $8 beer.

$8 beer?!?!? Hell son, that's a bargain. They are $9 in Vegas and $11 at Pomona.

Imagine what the cost to build an indoor track would be. We'd need a building about 300-350 feet wide to accommodate grandstands on both sides, a track with staging lanes, and shutdown area close to 4000 feet long, but as we're all aware, the NHRA is hesitant to fork over any money out of their pockets, no matter how much of an upside there would be. Maybe someone could approach Bruton Smith, and have him build something along the lines of this.
Oh, wait. He'd probably want to make it 4 wide:rolleyes:

I think they’re done building 4 wide 1 on the east coast and 1 on the west not a bad idea.

A few more bring back video games and have Las Vegas 2 and Pomona 2 back to back

Good idea on the video game, but if they break up the Vegas-Vegas-Pomona Hard Core swing there will be a mutiny.
If you're really a fan, you hit Vegas 2 then spend a couple of days at SEMA then back to the Strip for an 800 car Lucas Oil Regional event (last points race of the year) then and ONLY THEN Pomona 2. It's one of the best three week stretches of the year for a hard core fan.

Alan

I'd go to the Regional. We used to have that race in Phoenix, at Firebird. It was so cool to see racers from across the country & Canada, really like a national event without the Pros. I was not happy when Lost Wages got the race. I saw a lot of championships won at that race. Hmmmm, maybe Wild Horse could make a deal......

Nitro cars are a spectacle at night... Nhra drops the ball on night qualifying.. especially at G-ville. spring break weekend usually, people would love a later start in the day, and to see nitro/jets at night.

Some good stuff here actually. Here's my beat-a-dead-horse ideas: first, make pro-stock and funny car look more like the actual car, and get rid of some of the aero aids. These two things will bring speeds down, allowing 1320 racing plus make it safer. No point in putting a zillion gallons of nitro through the motor if the car's blowing the tires off at half track. Next: encourage longer burnouts, at least in qualifying. I remember seeing KC Spurlock do a burnout in a last round qualifying session at Sears Point that was so long he tripped the finish line lights coasting down. He then backed the car up at what looked like 50 mph. John Force was in the other lane and did a half track burnout first. He was just ending his burnout, when Spurlock went by, tires still blazing. The crowd went absolutely NUTS! Neither car smoked the tires at the hit, both made clean runs. I miss those days every time I see a fuel funny car do a weak-ass burnout.

No throttle stops on any cars for the burnout or the runs.
No throttle stops on burnouts means a LOT of singles, as many of the cars would fail before they got them into reverse. The days of drivers feathering the pedal to produce long smokeys went away with the desire to be consistant.

Build an indoor drag strip. If "they" can build football stadiums with convertible roofs and have hyraulic real grass floors that move outside just for sunlight; and if they can build large warehouse structures big enough to house the space shuttle and those wind-farm prop blades - lined up 3 end-to-end mind you...... then they can build an indoor drag strip.
I don't need it to be indoors- just freakin' COVERED! I went to Indy Week a few years ago, and after a day in the stands, I was completely wiped out from 90 degree temps and no shade. Hell- I couldn't even go out for beers with Reinhart because I was almost sunstroked.

Bowling Green style overhangs, please.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back