Nhra apologizes to the fans (1 Viewer)

Huge

Nitro Member
I know it had to be a tough day for the fans on Saturday. I think I stood in the staging lanes for about 7 hours total. We hoped to get done early so we could go back to the hotel and have a fun saturday night, but that plan went south fast. I know it had to be miserable sitting in the stands all day and night. Nhra did the best they could for what they had thrown at them. Oil and fuel is hard to clean up especially when it is cold. NHRA EXEC APOLOGIZES TO RACE FANS

Last edited:
I know this will go over like a turd in a punch bowl but how about limiting the number of nitro cars...like to 20 per event based on points standing?

I constantly read posts here that wax eloquant about "the good old days" where 40 to 45 or more funny cars/fuelers would show up for an event at OCIR or elsewhere, and moaning and complaining about the barely filled out fields of contemporary races.

:rolleyes:^

I swear. Somethimes I think that if they were handing out free cars, some of you would moan and complain because it had a couple of hundred miles on it and didn't come with a (paid up!) sirius account..........

I know this will go over like a turd in a punch bowl but how about limiting the number of nitro cars...like to 20 per event based on points standing?

Would be fine for the top 20 ... but if you are not in the top 20 how do you get a chance to move in? At some point they are going to have to run the cars. Secondarily, your top 20 rule would not have prevented very much down time this weekend. Everyone loves to pile on the little guys as leakers, but Dixon, Kalitta, Lucas and Bernstein all got the track wet.

I am all for open qualifying, IMO the only thing better than 25 cars is 26 cars and the only thing better than that is 27 LOL.

Kudos to NHRA for getting ahold of the situation and completing the show virtually on time. Nice jesture on the part of the LVMS for the Division 7 race next weekend.

Can't believe posters are complaining about TOO MANY entries. Probably the same ones that biched about short fields.

A GREAT turnout for the Pro Nitro guys. I say bring 'em all out!

(The oildown thing DOES have to be addressed, though. Although, in my day back in the '50s and early '60s at Colton, we just ran off a few STOCKERS til the track was clean enough for the fast guys.
Ones like Gene's Brake Shop, the Spaghetti Benders, Nesbits Orange Special, Fox Holding and Adair and such).

Come on, now there's TOO MANY fuel cars? I think it was just one of those weekends where the stars lined up the wrong way and a lot of parts were sacrificed. Don't blame it on the part-timers, Dom Lagana made it to the final and I don't believe made any messes. Having said that, maybe we've gotten to the point where, like Snake threatened, the wick has just gotten shorter to match the distance. 325+ in 1000ft. is unreal, but obviously we're going to end up with carnage going forward as more teams step up. As many have stated, shortening the track doesn't change the bomb. I don't have the answer, but I'm sure of one thing...NEVER LIMIT THE NUMBER OF FUEL CARS!! :D

Nice jesture on the part of the LVMS for the Division 7 race next weekend.

Hey Norm:

It's one thing to sit in the stands and watch 7 hours of track clean-up due to oil downs and stuff, but to add to the torture by giving the fans another day to watch the alcohol cars is just too much.:eek:

Tongue in cheek, of course. Wish we could have been there to defend our 2009 win.

RG

I'd like to know why NHRA puts Scott Palmer, Jack Wyatt, Paul Romine, and John Mitchell on Probation for Killing the track in the past. Yet guys like Ron Passey and Steve Faria get a pass??? I know these guys are long time racers, but when you run 2-3 races a year, and the Safety safari is on Code Red every time you pull to the line, something is not right!

I never saw a day like Saturday when NHRA had the Fines in place...:rolleyes:

reading the Competition Plus article, the NHRA plans on looking at the containment devices (diapers and what not). This sort of answers my question (in a previous thread) about perhaps going to a dry sump system...

reading the Competition Plus article, the NHRA plans on looking at the containment devices (diapers and what not). This sort of answers my question (in a previous thread) about perhaps going to a dry sump system...

Engine Diapers have Been mandated in the Fuel classes since around 2000????

Come on, now there's TOO MANY fuel cars? I think it was just one of those weekends where the stars lined up the wrong way and a lot of parts were sacrificed. Don't blame it on the part-timers, Dom Lagana made it to the final and I don't believe made any messes. Having said that, maybe we've gotten to the point where, like Snake threatened, the wick has just gotten shorter to match the distance. 325+ in 1000ft. is unreal, but obviously we're going to end up with carnage going forward as more teams step up. As many have stated, shortening the track doesn't change the bomb. I don't have the answer, but I'm sure of one thing...NEVER LIMIT THE NUMBER OF FUEL CARS!! :D

Nunzio read my post earlier...

Well they can do what they did to us alky cars at Z max in 09. When one of the first pair oiled the track or went off into the sand. They stopped qualifying and sent all of the rest of the session in the lanes back to the pits. TWICE!

Agreed...and now you know why now one comes here and reads this stuff anymore.

It also doesn't help when you have the most active threads, like the Mike Ashley thread, deleted. This place has just about turned into a virtual ghost town. Too much moderating, not enough participating.

this was about NHRA stepping up to apologize, not how many showed up...I hope they bring cars out of the wood work and not lock a field??? some sound like they would complain if hung with a new hundred dollar b8ill.

this was about NHRA stepping up to apologize, not how many showed up...I hope they bring cars out of the wood work and not lock a field??? some sound like they would complain if hung with a new hundred dollar b8ill.

This was the Safety Safari not being able to do their job in a timely manner.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back