Nhra apologizes to the fans (1 Viewer)

Pretty sure he came to the lanes wet.... His car started pouring oil from the water box on... He did in the groove on the right lane for the first 100 feet... :mad:

Morgan's was on the job in mid-pass when his disintergrated...

It was a parts failure, the oil filter gasket was pushed out.

nobody in june at norwalk friday session complained about the 8 hour show- it was midnight when the last t/f ran. funny thing about it - the stand were 90% full to see the post race fireworks.

safari cleans and preps oiled lane, next car runs perfect lap......how many times
have we heard and seen this over the years......answer: a lot.

2 tracks/4 lanes....... it's obvious their usefulness can exceed 4-wide racing.
would have helped this event.

Eugene gets it! Randy.....you run about as hard as any car in the country. My hats off to you. It is a honour that you post here. Sometimes guys stuff goes bad. I am just so tired of the negative. Has anyone figured out how many new to team, fuel crew chiefs were running this week at an elevation track. With unbelievable runs to measure up to and trying to get in. Hight not in and in 4 runs on Monday still didn't get past half track. Prock knows what he is doing. Maybe I don't get the point. All I saw was an army of scrubbers and tractors and sweepers going hard at it.
I am surprised no one has discussed oil containment. That I think we can work on this even more. Hard to contain when the bomb goes off and damages the containment devices or when the top end comes apart sending oil everywhere.
I agree this is devastating on live TV. Brutal in fact! Maybe this sport will never be live TV material. Especially when #16 runs #1 first run of the day. No one wants a 4 bagger. It happens. LV steps up and gets criticized for it.
How about solutions not just negative comments from those not there.

This is a double edged sword - most of us here are long time die hard fans who want to see the "little guys" compete. But . . . we also want to see NHRA grow by increasing its fan base. Vegas 2 was a disaster - how many first time fans do you think will return after sitting through hours of oildowns?
Some of the independent teams did very well and caused zero problems and some of the top tier teams caused some of the worst problems. I don't have a clue what can be done from a technical standpoint to further containment. Smaller teams are pushing too hard with sometimes substandard equipment, but that is all they can do. Why are top level teams with the best of everything screwing up the show? I don't know.
Unless NHRA can come up with answers before the start of 2011 season, oildown penalties need to be reinstated.

This is a double edged sword - most of us here are long time die hard fans who want to see the "little guys" compete. But . . . we also want to see NHRA grow by increasing its fan base. Vegas 2 was a disaster - how many first time fans do you think will return after sitting through hours of oildowns?
Some of the independent teams did very well and caused zero problems and some of the top tier teams caused some of the worst problems. I don't have a clue what can be done from a technical standpoint to further containment. Smaller teams are pushing too hard with sometimes substandard equipment, but that is all they can do. Why are top level teams with the best of everything screwing up the show? I don't know.
Unless NHRA can come up with answers before the start of 2011 season, oildown penalties need to be reinstated.

Oildown penalties will only kill the little guy. Fines are nothing to the big boys. Plus NHRA will look the other way for the good old boys.

Oildown penalties will only kill the little guy. Fines are nothing to the big boys. Plus NHRA will look the other way for the good old boys.

Fines may hurt the Little guy, but it didn't stop them from coming out! There were several races that had over 20 cars when NHRA had the Fines, and Less Oildowns!:rolleyes:

Well said, Jim. I think the answer here, like so many things, will be a combination of several things: better/more containment technologies, better/more cleanup tools, and meaningful sanctions for teams that cause a mess.

While I agree with Mike that the Safari does a wonderful job of getting the track ready for the next pair, progress needs to be made on making oildown delays far less frequent and substantially shorter.

I believe oildown penalties also include removing points - that does mean something to the Big Boys!

Did a certain moderator agree with me again? What are things coming to? -:D

I believe oildown penalties also include removing points - that does mean something to the Big Boys!

Did a certain moderator agree with me again? What are things coming to? -:D

You are right if it enforced equally. This weekend(Las Vegas)was not. Little kicked out, big guy nothing.

Second part. Kind of scary. Like when I would agree with Doc.

I agree with those who don't want to limit the cars. Would Dom Lagana have made the field if they limited entries? How cool was that to see them make it to the final and the excitement of their crew?

Spoke to Jim Head Sunday after the RFC service. I mentioned, "long day yesterday Jim", not in a complaining way. He then apologized to me and all the fans for the "travesty" of Saturday. I said, but Jim, you didn't cause any of that." He just felt it shouldn't have happened and apologized again. Class move I thought since I was not complaining and certainly wasn't looking for an apology from Jim.

Would have been nice if Granham Light did the apology live when everyone was in the stands rather than in a one on one interview that most people will never know about.

I will not offer any solutions as most everyone on this board knows more about cars than I do! I do agree that they need to address the problem as the casual fan will not come back if that happens with any regularity.

I agree with those who don't want to limit the cars. Would Dom Lagana have made the field if they limited entries? How cool was that to see them make it to the final and the excitement of their crew?

Spoke to Jim Head Sunday after the RFC service. I mentioned, "long day yesterday Jim", not in a complaining way. He then apologized to me and all the fans for the "travesty" of Saturday. I said, but Jim, you didn't cause any of that." He just felt it shouldn't have happened and apologized again. Class move I thought since I was not complaining and certainly wasn't looking for an apology from Jim.

Would have been nice if Granham Light did the apology live when everyone was in the stands rather than in a one on one interview that most people will never know about.

I will not offer any solutions as most everyone on this board knows more about cars than I do! I do agree that they need to address the problem as the casual fan will not come back if that happens with any regularity.

Dom Lagana had more Points than Mike Strasburg, Steve Faria, Tim Boychuk and Bob Passey!

Yes they did, hats off to them. Those guys and gals work hard.
Ryan I'm sitting here looking at the Zizzo race car hauler as I type. They parked it at the same place I keep Bode's transporter out here in Orange Ca. They went on a little sight seeing trip for a couple of days so we are keeping an eye on it for them.

Ryan I'm sitting here looking at the Zizzo race car hauler as I type. They parked it at the same place I keep Bode's transporter out here in Orange Ca. They went on a little sight seeing trip for a couple of days so we are keeping an eye on it for them.

ya i flew home to get some stuff done and look into some parts. I heard it was wit you guys. Ill be down tuesday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back