Paging Joe Sherwood.... (1 Viewer)

DragFan2

Nitro Member
Hey Maters, Joe may be home from the Gator's already but probably not since he had a 2 hr drive (at least) from Gainesville to the airport in Orlando, but the real reason for this post is to let many of you that call him or text him on race weekends that he forgot his cell phone this weekend. He was lost without it as anyone would be. I finally spotted him in the stands on Saturday and connected with him briefly and I was one of those that left him several voice mails and wondered why he was not returning any of them. So John Rogers and many others that I know call Joe when they aren't at the race and you knew he was there, he apologizes and wants everyone to know he wasn't deliberately ignoring them. I was one of those people too. I caught up with him during the last Pro qualifying session on Saturday afternoon and wasn't home myself until 11:30pm last night or would have sent this sooner. I'm getting too old to do a one-day turnaround at the Gators anymore. Gonna have to get a hotel and do the whole weekend as 5 hours driving time (round-trip) and approx 8 hrs at the track, makes for a long long day. I could handle that 20 years ago, but man was I beat today. Everyone has probably already seen the race since it ended on TV an hour ago and it was one of the better Gators. Conditions were close to mine-shaft but not quite. Sure beats 85 degrees and 125-130 degree track temps like some years.

Later Maters...

Kurt

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back