newspaper article (1 Viewer)

Nitro Fish

Nitro Member
What a surprise I had Friday morning when I opened the sports section of the paper. There was a half page article on John Force and the NHRA. It has been years (yes, years) since there was any mention of the NHRA of any kind. It was a positive article that covered how the NHRA is surging in popularity and how much Force had to do with that. I was just so happy to see something good about the sport that had no mention of illegal street racing.

What a surprise I had Friday morning when I opened the sports section of the paper. There was a half page article on John Force and the NHRA. It has been years (yes, years) since there was any mention of the NHRA of any kind. It was a positive article that covered how the NHRA is surging in popularity and how much Force had to do with that. I was just so happy to see something good about the sport that had no mention of illegal street racing.

Kathie, does the paper have a website? If they, do you have a link to the article?

Here in God's Waiting room better known as Florida most of our newspapers cover stick and ball sports and drag racing most of the time is on the very last page!!!

Wish it was different but that's the way it is here.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

What's it say about Drag racing when a 67 year old Driver is the only driver 90% of the general public recognize?

What's it say about Drag racing when a 67 year old Driver is the only driver 90% of the general public recognize?
I have to question your "90%" because I've encountered quite a few people who don't watch or follow drag racing, but when I told them that I work in the sport, many knew about Big Daddy and Shirley. Besides, nobody else has won 16 championships, and is still racing and winning!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back