New track prep (1 Viewer)

Bottom line is it's NHRA's playground, if you don't want to play, pack up and go race somewhere else...oh wait, there is nowhere else! Also, this levels the playing field, the track is the same for everyone. Who knows, maybe if the results show it's possible, they may return to quarter mile racing....
You mean just like the fans can chose to see a slower show and no more records or not and spend their money else where?
No fans no show either it works both ways!
I love a good peddle fest on occasion but not every dam run!
They added another 320 feet of shutdown area so what’s NHRA’s issue?
I don’t mind change it’s part of everything in life but the NHRA fan has had to deal with lots of them slowing them down will eventually be the final thing that sends them packing as well!
Now if they did what they did to go back to 1320 then that would be different!
They could have accomplished the same thing by taking their computers away too!
That would definitely reduce the cost and put everybody back to an even playing field to!
But watching cars smoke the tires every single run gets to be old really fast!
That’s a fact! If attendance starts to reflect the shows weakness then what’s their next move?

Well NHRA accomplished what they wanted to do. Very few cars made it down the track and not one car in either class qualified over 300 MPH.

Second session was much better.
While qualifying isn't great fun to watch I'm kinda keen for a hot race day...a little bit of unpredictability makes it fun to watch.

Second session was much better.
While qualifying isn't great fun to watch I'm kinda keen for a hot race day...a little bit of unpredictability makes it fun to watch.
Your the minority! We live in a world of excesses.
They want to see the fastest accelerating cars on the planet not the restriction of over governing like NHRA has a tendency to do!
They are ruining the nostalgia series!
It was better when they didn’t stick their noses into it!
NHRA is dysfunctional. Last year they set attendance records so they reward you with the crap your watching now!

over heard in the pits today-

"were not doing anything different with track prep, just not spraying as much" ooookk?

" we were reaching 340's, nhra's insurance wanted them to slow us down"

btw- no pro mod or nitro harleys = a lackluster show

I wonder if NHRA is gonna suspend the oil down penalties, points and fines for a few races to give the teams a bit of time to prevent them from blowing up.

From the NomexEffect Twitter:
This just in....per @Nhra “due to cooler than expected conditions, clouds and lower track temperature the process for track prep will be changed to 70/30 for Q3” It was 75/25 yesterday... #effective #theyaretuningthetrackforus #sosick

I wonder if NHRA is gonna suspend the oil down penalties, points and fines for a few races to give the teams a bit of time to prevent them from blowing up.

Probably not because that would be logical!
NHRA never uses logic when making decisions! LOL

From the NomexEffect Twitter:
This just in....per @Nhra “due to cooler than expected conditions, clouds and lower track temperature the process for track prep will be changed to 70/30 for Q3” It was 75/25 yesterday... #effective #theyaretuningthetrackforus #sosick
Great manufactured track conditions!

Your the minority! We live in a world of excesses.
They want to see the fastest accelerating cars on the planet not the restriction of over governing like NHRA has a tendency to do!
They are ruining the nostalgia series!
It was better when they didn’t stick their noses into it!
NHRA is dysfunctional. Last year they set attendance records so they reward you with the crap your watching now!

Really, where you are at has to be the majority?

So just what are you botching about. Friday there was a new TF track MPH record set. :)

Stan

Would the “good old days” of drag racing be as good if there was internet back then ? :rolleyes:

Soooooo.......am I to believe I will now be able to get parking at Maple Grove even though there should be an influx of race fans who missed E-Town?;)

They also weren't going for broke on most of those runs either. Keep the motor healthy and together, get paid and head onto the next show.

We didn't go for broke, BUT we did go for the win. And that was back when nobody had computer BS to help tune.

Houston was the track not the prep......the problem with Houston is it was really good for the first 500ft and last 500 might as well have been racing on the return road
Don't knock the return road at Houston, it had enough traction to stick the tire once you got out of the groove. Just ask those Capco boys how good it was, I got a great pic of them.

People need to quit being whiners about traction........The racing is closer and low buck teams are going rounds........The crew chiefs will get a handle on it no doubt. Pedal fests are fun!

I fear the safety aspect, to me they should give the absolute best racing surface possible, every week. With today's power & speeds no one wants to skate around at 300+. If nhra has to slow nitro down, there are plenty of ways besides giving them an unsafe surface. JMO

We didn't go for broke, BUT we did go for the win. And that was back when nobody had computer BS to help tune.

Yeah but, we did things abit different too... PJ has a point that it was about the money. Because IT WAS. We worked hard and were smart about it.

But, you know that we NEVER thrashed to make another round, or to quell any emotion... Hell , a chipped porcelain , would end the day for a circuit race.. and that was ok.. We built two motors per season , tuned to win at every race, retuned if needed, and if shit happened.. - the track aint the place to build a motor... because there is always next weekend - if you get it back to the shop and fix it right without blowing it up... Only time I ever remember losing any oil was at Cordova, against Trisch in the final , but the response was , " I knew it had four too many passes on it..."

I think that was what PJ was getting at..

..and to stay on topic.. As long as everyone is informed, and aware, - and there isn't a safety issue ... Good. Pull the track prep back.. It also puts things back a few decades, and let's the driver back into the sport.. One of the problems with the sport is that it has gotten too dictated by perfected projection of desired conditions anyway... Now, a track has to be ripped out and redone if there's a bump in it... Shit - Metcalf went "thumpa, thumpa, thumpa.." as you passed over each slab... Detroit, Saginaw, Byron, Kil-Kare, Assumption, St. Louis, et al... weren't a red carpet ...

If your car's too good to make it down the track and win... you either got the wrong car - or the wrong driver... the guy that won - read the situation correct... probably because he had enough years to understand less than perfect conditions...

Just my $.02

Hell Jeff that's about a dollars worth. How do you remember all that shit when you were a little kid. You had to be the most observing kid I know of. Great job explaining.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back