New track prep (1 Viewer)

Sooo the highest funded team in the NHRA has all of the tools, track stickiness gadgets, multiple teams to draw data from, multiple brains and multiple eyes, but this is somehow NHRA's fault? Got it.

Or was it just a situation of there's new track conditions and the tuners are still trying to "kill it"?

If new NHRA track prep results in shows like the one in Charlotte, the NHRA should refund the fans money until crew chiefs figure it out. Saturday sessions were putrid!

I wonder how much track prep had to do with the sessions in Houston versus the repaved lanes having ‘bumps.’ Possibly a combination of both, but I would say I have not seen a Q2 session like the one in Houston two weeks ago when fuel cars were going into shake almost every run.

Houston was the track not the prep......the problem with Houston is it was really good for the first 500ft and last 500 might as well have been racing on the return road

Houston was the track not the prep......the problem with Houston is it was really good for the first 500ft and last 500 might as well have been racing on the return road
Hey, don't disrespect the return road like that! It's doing it's job! I agree with you, but I think less track prep magnifies any imperfections the track may have. Houston needs to have some laser guided grinding to it in my opinion.

But anyways everyone knows they changed the mix of the prep if the track temp is 105 and say last year you think you could run 75 in a dragster well maybe this year you should try and run 82

NHRA is transitioning to no prep

prep.png

I love seeing the underdogs win and I get what is being said but I hope we don't see too many events like that one. I have no idea but you would think they could have backed the prep down gradually rather than all at once.
So everyone can change what they are doing 2 , 3, 4 times?....no thanks. Make the change and let everyone figure it out.

I don't understand what everyone is complaining about, these deals spin and blow shit up on a totally prepped track, then everyone pisses and moans about that.

I know of one top tuner who said a couple years ago to not change the rules and take away power, just take away grip and let everyone adjust their power levels.

Everyone will adjust and it would be nice to maybe get 10 runs on a crankshaft again.

Everyone is complaining because that was an atrocious showing in Charlotte. Those changes should be made in the off season. I'm speaking from a fan experience point of view. Not everyone on here has worked on a fuel car.

" Those changes should be made in the off season. " They were. I'm sure there wasn't much track prep done in December.:rolleyes:

A couple of things, this started after Gainesville if wasn't new in Charlotte. Something in Charlotte was different, I don't know what. But The track prep change was made a few races back. Both Vegas and Houston were good races, at least I thought they were and nobody was picking up carbon fiber on the moon.

Ed McCulloch has an interesting take on it here:
http://www.competitionplus.com/drag...eves-less-traction-is-a-start-to-fixing-nitro

And I said this on WFO Radio Tuesday. Start at 12:30 in:
http://wforadio.com/nhra-nitro-05-01-2018/

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back