New track breaks ground (2 Viewers)

robinjackson

Nitro Member
This is from the I70 FB page, dated November 2019.

Attachments

• 75627346_501348747259125_1769887505068326912_n.jpg
    75627346_501348747259125_1769887505068326912_n.jpg
    665.1 KB · Views: 151
Was thinking along the lines of maybe a Nat'l event, or even divisional.
I remember them saying when it was announced that the intent was to be at least a divisional caliber track. National might be a stretch, especially for the first few years of operation, but who knows what the future will bring?

and now today lohnes says on the topeka wrap up / brainerd preview podcast, he's not sure what is happening with topeka, as he reported suites upgrades
in the tower recently........so who knows. this flying H video is impressive. lot of thought into this place, especially the corporate tents on the top end rite next
to their respective pit areas. more hospitality trackside, less hospitality taking up space in pits. did i read somewhere they are doing this at st. louis nat. event also?

I'm going to - - Kansas City,
Kansas City, here I come...

They got crazy little women there......are you gonna getcha one? ;)

Wow. If the new track doesn’t get you excited, I don’t know what will.
Very, very impressive.
I can’t wait to attend a race there.
Judging by what we see in the video, I’d say NHRA’s future is about to shine a bit brighter.

From what I've read on other posts, the same person who owns Topeka is involved with this track to some degree. True or false?

Chris Payne owns Topeka and the I70 dirt track. He planned to build a drag strip at I70. Early this year Chris sold the drag strip land to the two "h" dudes. I believe Flying H is 100% them, and not Chris. BUT! The drag strip is behind the oval track, and shares driveways and such. Maybe more. See map above, or read the Topeka thread.

From what I've read, this picture is deceiving. The pit area is a lot bigger than it looks:

Attachments

• 366801018_849477546534972_3108348582286376391_n.jpeg
    366801018_849477546534972_3108348582286376391_n.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 94
Watching the WFO tour right now, the triangle is Nitro, beyond that is PS/PSM/PM, and the other will be more of the same. The Sportsman pits are to the left of the dirt track, next to the staging lanes.

I think the TE Club over top of the track will be killer!

It says in the drag illustrated article that " The new dragstrip will be located at I-70 Motorsports Park in the Kansas City area and is owned by Scott Higgs, a local business owner. Higgs and his team, which includes Vice President Blake Housley, broke ground on the new dragstrip earlier this month with the construction process expected to be completed later this year." Not sure if Chris Payne is involved.

From what I've read, this picture is deceiving. The pit area is a lot bigger than it looks:
From the picture and the drone shots from Mark Rebilas, I didn’t think it was going to be large enough for a National Event facility. After watching the WFO video, it looks like they have plenty of room and have planned out everything.

I thought NHRA was trying to incorporate this track for 2024 To replace Topeka? That’s what all the hubbubers on here are saying anyway. I was skeptical (albeit hopeful).

And for the record, I’m also skeptical that Phoenix will be back (albeit hopeful).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back