NHRA looks to add Kansas City market as part of national event schedule in 2024 at new Flying H Dragstrip (1 Viewer)

What was the gasoline company with the flying horse? The name Flying H kinda reminds me of that. Will the new track have an H with wings? "Flying down the 1/4 mile" or maybe "Flying down 1000'" Heh

So the track is still under construction and there is already an NHRA national event tentatively scheduled to run there next summer? Lets hope everything goes as planned and nothing falls through....

Fingers crossed.

Bruton Smith did it in 7 months, just saying...
Well, I don't know much about Scott Higgs, but I'm pretty sure he's NO Bruton Smith when it comes to building a new racing facility. lol

No offense to Scott, but Bruton had a way of getting things done, and done quickly!

Don't get me wrong, this new track sounds terrific and it's going to be great for the NHRA and drag racing in general.... I just hope everything goes smoothly between now and opening day. That is all.

What was the gasoline company with the flying horse? The name Flying H kinda reminds me of that. Will the new track have an H with wings? "Flying down the 1/4 mile" or maybe "Flying down 1000'" Heh

Flying H Drag Strip

Attachments

• 337557487_928818801643741_1236141604240991902_n.jpg
    337557487_928818801643741_1236141604240991902_n.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 345918983_158954640233452_4570958239670521452_n.jpg
    345918983_158954640233452_4570958239670521452_n.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 21
I hope the bleacher layout at this new track is better than what is at Heartland Park.
As nice as the racing surface is at HPT, the bleachers are something else. Spectators in the lower seats can see only the roofs of the cars as they go by.
Plus, the walk from the parking lot to the bleachers is noticeably longer than what I've experienced at other tracks.
It's been several years since I was last at HPT. I'd still like to talk to the knuckleheads who broke into my buddy's truck and stole his camera lens, my Maglite flashlight and allergy medicine, and worst of all, our ice chest full of ice cold beer.

I hope the bleacher layout at this new track is better than what is at Heartland Park.
As nice as the racing surface is at HPT, the bleachers are something else. Spectators in the lower seats can see only the roofs of the cars as they go by.
Plus, the walk from the parking lot to the bleachers is noticeably longer than what I've experienced at other tracks.
It's been several years since I was last at HPT. I'd still like to talk to the knuckleheads who broke into my buddy's truck and stole his camera lens, my Maglite flashlight and allergy medicine, and worst of all, our ice chest full of ice cold beer.
I haven't been there in several years but I remember the layout for spectators was ridiculous at HPT. When I've been to HPT in the past, I've always been there with an event contestant so I never had to walk from the daily spectator parking lot but I have many friends who have made that walk and it's among the worst walk at any track in NHRA drag racing. I was just having this conversation with a friend yesterday.... He's been to 11 NHRA national event tracks and Topeka has the worst layout we've seen. Is there an NHRA track with a worse layout for spectator walking than HPT?

I'm looking forward to attending a race at this new track!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back