New experience (1 Viewer)

Nick Name

Nitro Member
I drove my wifes Caddy CTS-V at the drag races last weekend. This was the first time I had ever driven a blown car down a drag strip.

I was really sweating it out, thinking; "I hope this thing doesn't bang the blower and send the body 100 feet in the air" How would I have ever explained that to her.:D

I drove my wifes Caddy CTS-V at the drag races last weekend. This was the first time I had ever driven a blown car down a drag strip.

I was really sweating it out, thinking; "I hope this thing doesn't bang the blower and send the body 100 feet in the air" How would I have ever explained that to her.:D

Does it have the new double latch/teather system??? It might not be so bad afterall. :D

What did you get it to do in the 1/4 .... ET and MPH (RT if you want)!

I've been to two races in Tulsa where I saw one ripping off some pretty impressive numbers during the Wed night TNT.

Running 1000' it went 11.19 @ 102.50 with traction control on.

When she got this car, she read on the internet that it can beat a C6 Corvette. So she has been smack talking me ever since. (We have a C6 Grand Sport). She didn't feel like going to the track and racing the other night, so I took her car. First car I lined up with was a C6 Vette. I beat it by a little over a car length.

Our C6 went 12.60 @ 115.00 at Famoso. The internet says the Cads will run 12.20 at 118 which sounds about right. I will take her car up there on a test and tune night when I get a chance.

That is pretty nice!

The one at Tulsa was real high 11's at low 120's, but I'm pretty certain he had leaned on the engine a little and I know the tires were drag radials. Those things make enough power to need the sticky rubber.

I traded in my '12 grand sport on the first day you could order a C7 .... want to run it against my wife's twin turbo merc street car one day. In her race car she runs low 6's. The fastest quarter I've ever driven is a 9.30 .... I'm afraid she'll have the upper hand with her auto 8 speed as I churn through the gears.

Yup, we've got a new Spitzer TD chassis this year, and took our 665 Reher and had Reher/Switzer add a 3rd stage of nitrous (much more involved than I was thinking when I dropped the motor off for its annual rebuild).

NORWALK - Top Dragster Final Qualifying, Session #2 Order

Going from a 4 link chassis to a slip tube has been a pretty good struggle for me. Everything I knew about tuning a four link became useless. I'm still extremely conservative on getting all three stages (200hp each, just under 2k all in) turned on. Once we get a predictable fast bracket set up dialed in, we hope to be able to dial very predictably in the 6.2x to 6.3x range. A couple of my good buddies do this in 6.0x to 6.1x range and it is a ton of fun to bracket race like that.

I've got a '63 vette body TS car sitting on pro jacks in the shop, but my work has been crazy and it has now sat there for 2 years. Hopefully, she'll start driving it early next year. I love going from tubes to fully built but it takes time that I really struggle to find enough of.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back