New Doorslammer Record - 5.14!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Luke Nieuwhof

Nitro Member
Todd Moyer just went 5.144 in his Camaro at Bradenton Motorsports Park at 'only' 273mph. That smashed the existing world record for doorslammers by over two tenths of a second. This is a HUGE run in the history of drag racing...amazing!

For a Pro Mid, that record run was dang near straight as a string.
What is meant by “outlaw trim” for that car?
Was it underweight?

For a Pro Mid, that record run was dang near straight as a string.
What is meant by “outlaw trim” for that car?
Was it underweight?
I’m guessing much larger turbos than they normally run. Not sure what else they could do to make it quicker.

different reports are saying traction control was in use. takes sum kahunas to hold onto that steering wheel...... and we'll probably see sub 5 sec. run eventually.
it's almost unbelievable what a suspended chassis is now capable of.

I heard they drive like solid mounted cars now. How quick could a TA/FC with this set up run? Maybe you would see a "4".

Rules…or the lack there of produce numbers like this. Innovation happens exponentially with the lack of regulation. So do accidents. I might be getting too political for some here so I’ll stop for now.
These records need to be noted for the lack of regulation..kinda like records that have been set in stick and ball sports with athletes taking performance enhancing drugs. They are still records though.

here is a very good story about yesterday at bradenton, by bret kepner

Traction control is everywhere EXCEPT the NHRA categories.

If you go to a Duck race, a "No Prep" race, Drag week, Sick week, Rocky Mountain race week, World Cup, World Street Nationals, FL2K, TX2K, etc, etc.... All the fast cars at these events use traction control.

Traction control saves runs. NHRA should rethink the rule. Might make for a better show. Besides that, policing it is a nightmare.

If it ever became legal at NHRA, then everyone who choses to would have it. No advantage to anyone successfully hiding it.

Traction control saves runs. NHRA should rethink the rule. Might make for a better show. Besides that, policing it is a nightmare.

If it ever became legal at NHRA, then everyone who choses to would have it. No advantage to anyone successfully hiding it.
true but somewhat takes the driver out of the equation. Pedalfest in the fuel classes always get a lot of attention.

Steve Morris had a video talking about how traction control is being used to cover for a bad set up. It is actually hurting motors because the drivers are using it all the way through the run instead of at the top end

Steve Morris had a video talking about how traction control is being used to cover for a bad set up. It is actually hurting motors because the drivers are using it all the way through the run instead of at the top end

Anyone who has experienced traction control in a street car knows that the way it works is it generally cuts power, among other things. A perfect setup in drag racing would mean the traction control never engaged.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back