New category on Nitromater. (1 Viewer)

4onthefl4

Staff member
Nitro Member
I presented the idea to Shannon Timm and he graciously accepted my idea of a new thread called "Electric Vehicles".
Whether we like them or not, they are the becoming the new norm for cars. So, if anyone has any news, thoughts or whatever about electric vehicles, please post it in the new section.

Your post confused me at first, I believe you meant to say "new forum" not new thread. Should be interesting discussions there.

Definitely going to keep a moderator busy moving things too the political room at the end of the hall.

Never been there myself. Can only imagine.

Every time a thread gets moved to the political forum it dies.
I'm as much a "tech head" as I am a "gear head" and electric vehicles is definetly a love/hate interest and I'll do as much as I can to keep it going.

1.3% of sales is hardly the new norm but hey I'll play along. Their performance is insane compared to a ICE. No they do not go far in comparison.
They can have a place in daily commutes for some. People that have bought them and are using them are learning they do cost money to charge, tire wear is above normal because of the torque and weight of the vehicle. Initial buy on is too high and maintenance costs in the future is unknown. Battery replacement is costly,

1.3% of sales is hardly the new norm but hey I'll play along. Their performance is insane compared to a ICE. No they do not go far in comparison.
They can have a place in daily commutes for some. People that have bought them and are using them are learning they do cost money to charge, tire wear is above normal because of the torque and weight of the vehicle. Initial buy on is too high and maintenance costs in the future is unknown. Battery replacement is costly,
As I stated, it's a love/hate thing with me. I once said I wouldn't mind having one just to run around town, but, probably won't ever happen after reading all the negative things about them. I find the technology behind them interesting. And you can never repalce the sound of a ICE whether it's a Top Fuel or a street driven hot rod.

If I needed a car I'd look at it closely at it for the type of driving I do but I wouldn't get rid of my pickup for when I need it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back