new Bentley? (3 Viewers)

Some handle humor better than others. My point is he's human and so am I. It's definitely nothing that hasn't been done before so I speak from historical content for accuracy. If I offended you, I sincerely apologize however I fully expected you to start scrutinizing my posts as you now are. I hope you take the time to comment on all of them rather than being selective since most will be found unoffensive or abrasive in any way and your compliments will also flow freely.
I've learned to use humor from time to time. It does the soul good.

Bobby, I thought it was funny as hell, but I found it ironic that you would make such a statement after telling me how respectful you are. Your statement could easily offend the individual you are referring to and their family and they would think your statement was very disrespectful to them.

Hey Tim, if a Gunderson, Wilkerson, Zizzo or a Miller want to go out on the town or have a little fun, they aren't pulling a Yugo or a Ford Festiva out of the garage.

The problems within big time drag racing, don't revolve around a purchase of a car.

Gunderson doesn't live far from me,and I know there isn't a Bentley in the garage.

I hear his Bentley came with awesome options including a yes man Dim Light doll in the passenger seat that always blows a perfect score in the special addition in-car breathalyzer...

All kidding aside, I see what CEOs of much smaller and less successful organizations drive. More power to him and I hope he got off the wagon. I am totally against drinking and driving.

For me, keep your Bentley, I will take a pair of comp dragsters from Spitzer, one for A/D and one for C/D. It will require a 500 ci powerplant or two from Steve Schmidt and a small block Hemi from Eaton Enterprises. Oh, and call Jacklyn Gebhardt, I am going to need a stacker and a toterhome while I am at it... Now that is big pimpin Levitte style!

A man can dream!

Bobby, I thought it was funny as hell, but I found it ironic that you would make such a statement after telling me how respectful you are. Your statement could easily offend the individual you are referring to and their family and they would think your statement was very disrespectful to them.

So? They should just be told to get some thicker skin! I mean, if you find THAT to be offensive??? You should go to some of the places I do. :D :D :D

The ironies are amazing. Bobby says something in obvious humor and it's enough to complain about. When it's ACTUAL personal attacks, why, people just need to get some "thicker skin." :rolleyes: Same question as before. How does all this come from the same brain?

Yeah, Bobby needs to be more careful with what he says because, someone might THINK he's being offensive! Let's just have different standards for others than we have for ourselves. Um, YOU'RE foolish if you disagree with the Countdown until you have all the facts but, if NHRA screws Tony Shoe, I just might have to join the anti-Countdown folks! Whew! I apparently have a lot to learn about logic and communicating.

Last edited:
I'm not saying he has a Bentley. But I bet he has been successful enough in life to own a toy or two.

I'm sure they can.But the Gunderson's are some of the most down to earth and nicest people you'll ever meet,and I don't think a Bentley is what they would roll in.Not their style IMHO.

if NHRA screws Tony Shoe, I just might have to join the anti-Countdown folks!

You are wrong again if you reread my post, I stated: " I agree with Tony, if NHRA wants to have a certain car win the championship they have the ability to do so since the NHRA is inconsistent with the enforcement of the rules. If this does indeed occur, I will be joining PJ." Where do I state if NHRA screws Tony I would join the anti-Countdown????? Tony S. = certain car??? You should not throw rocks from your glass house. In other words, do not tell me how respectful you are to people if are going to be making disrespectful posts about others.

You are wrong again if you reread my post, I stated: " I agree with Tony, if NHRA wants to have a certain car win the championship they have the ability to do so since the NHRA is inconsistent with the enforcement of the rules. If this does indeed occur, I will be joining PJ." Where do I state if NHRA screws Tony I would join the anti-Countdown????? Tony S. = certain car??? You should not throw rocks from your glass house. In other words, do not tell me how respectful you are to people if are going to be making disrespectful posts about others.

Again? Glass house? :D

I'm remembering someone telling others that it would be "foolish" for anyone to be against the Countdown until they knew the "facts." I just wasn't aware that "facts" included a perception of NHRA being unfair in enforcement of rules pertaining to one car. :)

The only time I'd disrespect someone is if I thought they did something to DESERVE being disrespected and, that wouldn't be just because they disagreed with me on something. They'd have to do something that fit my definition of having bad intentions, such as disrespecting others without any good reason.

I'm just seeing a lot of contradictions and I don't know how I'm supposed to not see them. You can make false statements about other people and anyone who doesn't like it just needs "thicker skin." Bobby makes a joke, all of a sudden it's a touchy feely world, and you care. :rolleyes: :D

My apologies to anyone else who might be bothered by seeing this here. After going through the back and forth that we did the other day, my being told to "get thicker skin", and now this..."Your statement could easily offend the individual you are referring to...." from the same person is just too damn much.

Last edited:
Bobby makes a joke, all of a sudden it's a touchy feely world, and you care. :rolleyes: :D

My apologies to anyone else who might be bothered by seeing this here. After going through the back and forth that we did the other day, my being told to "get thicker skin", and now this..."Your statement could easily offend the individual you are referring to...." from the same person is just too damn much.

Ron, there is more to this story then you know about. I will leave it at this, Bobby thought my abrasive approach was disrespectful in some situations and he made it a point to tell me how respectful he and others close to him are. Then he makes the statement that he did, it seems like there are some double standards. I don't care how you cut it, his post was disrespectful to the individual and the family and friends of who it was directed at. I would not even pay attention if I wasn't called out for being disrespectful. I am done with this, back to the Bentley topic.

I wonder what Wally drove? I imagine he would never be "flashing" a Bentley while racers in the community are struggling to find corporate $$$ because the cost of racing vs race winnings payouts has become so lopsided. Yes, he does get a paycheck and can do what he wants, but lets not forget where that money comes from...the racers and the fans. Without those he would be "Pimpin a Kia":p

How would driving a Toyota instead of a Bentley help racers?

Jim

So? They should just be told to get some thicker skin! I mean, if you find THAT to be offensive??? You should go to some of the places I do.

The ironies are amazing. Bobby says something in obvious humor and it's enough to complain about. When it's ACTUAL personal attacks, why, people just need to get some "thicker skin." :rolleyes: Same question as before. How does all this come from the same brain?

Yeah, Bobby needs to be more careful with what he says because, someone might THINK he's being offensive! Let's just have different standards for others than we have for ourselves. Um, YOU'RE foolish if you disagree with the Countdown until you have all the facts but, if NHRA screws Tony Shoe, I just might have to join the anti-Countdown folks! Whew! I apparently have a lot to learn about logic and communicating.

Nah!!!
he's just being "edgy" like Whit. :D;):cool:

executive of auto racing business appreciates fine automobiles.
no, can't be.

I agree, at least it shows me that he pays SOME attention to automobiles.

But I have to wonder how GM and Mopar feel about this in light of the millions they contribute to drag racing. I suppose a Z06, STS-V, or a Viper would have been out of the question. Come to think of it, he could have bought one from each manufacturer for about the same price

Maybe Bentley's ownership (VW) is getting ready to fund a Turbo Beetle Cabriolet eliminator bracket.

I guess it's because I'm a small town guy, but I learned a long time ago that you deal with the people who deal with you.

OK, so I'm showing my age.

On March 11, 1975 if you invested $1000 in Wal-Mart stock you would now have $1,096,983.27 in your account.

Why do some people think if you drive a Bentley or any other luxury car you have to be making a huge income? Lots of ways to make money folks.

On March 11, 1975 if you invested $1000 in Wal-Mart stock you would now have $1,096,983.27 in your account.

Why do some people think if you drive a Bentley or any other luxury car you have to be making a huge income? Lots of ways to make money folks.

Good point. I'd have to label some either jealous or sniveling.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back