new Bentley? (2 Viewers)

Some handle humor better than others. My point is he's human and so am I. It's definitely nothing that hasn't been done before so I speak from historical content for accuracy. If I offended you, I sincerely apologize however I fully expected you to start scrutinizing my posts as you now are. I hope you take the time to comment on all of them rather than being selective since most will be found unoffensive or abrasive in any way and your compliments will also flow freely.
I've learned to use humor from time to time. It does the soul good.

Someone needs thicker skin? :D :D :D

Even though NHRA is an not-for-profit organization people still pull paychecks from it. If you look at the pay scale for ANY corporations executives they can afford one of these for each day of the week. The CEO for the company I work for make MILLIONS a year and that's before another MIL or two in stock options and performance awards.

I personally don't see where it's an issue, or any of our business for that matter.

I remember that Ameridebt was non-profit or not-for-profit (whatever they are and whatever the difference is). Whichever it was, they had to spend everything they made. I wondered how they could run commercials and operate like a business, then have that little non-profit/not-for-profit "organization" line at the end.

Turns out all the accounting for the company was "conveniently" done by a company that was owned by the CEO's wife at SEVERAL times the going rate. Practically every dollar that company spent was spent with companies owned by officers, relatives of officers, or friends of officers (can you say kickbacks?)

I wonder what Wally drove? I imagine he would never be "flashing" a Bentley while racers in the community are struggling to find corporate $$$ because the cost of racing vs race winnings payouts has become so lopsided. Yes, he does get a paycheck and can do what he wants, but lets not forget where that money comes from...the racers and the fans. Without those he would be "Pimpin a Kia":p
Give me a break, I can think of a number of car owners, crew chiefs and drivers with some high end toys.

...and by the way, you walk through the sportsman pits lately????

Regardless of what people think of the job being done, I would think that in this postion in a company this size that the #1 guy would be rollin in a sweet ride.

I remember that Ameridebt was non-profit or not-for-profit (whatever they are and whatever the difference is). Whichever it was, they had to spend everything they made. I wondered how they could run commercials and operate like a business, then have that little non-profit/not-for-profit "organization" line at the end.

Turns out all the accounting for the company was "conveniently" done by a company that was owned by the CEO's wife at SEVERAL times the going rate. Practically every dollar that company spent was spent with companies owned by officers, relatives of officers, or friends of officers (can you say kickbacks?)

Don't get me started - some of these non-profits are a real scam.

Hot off the presses: Apparently, John Force gifted the Bentley to Compton.
Film (and details) at 11:00PM

I believe he should only be able to drive it for 17 weeks then the should reset the employees there. Hopefully this way the secretary and shipping clerk will feel like they have an opportunity to drive such a nice vehicle. Also I would find it very exciting and entertaining to see someone else driving the car.:D

wow that was actually therapuetic

That's pretty funny right there.

Give me a break, I can think of a number of car owners, crew chiefs and drivers with some high end toys.

...and by the way, you walk through the sportsman pits lately????

I can think of quite a few owners and crew chiefs as well that have high end toys, but what I am speaking of is the racers who "foot the bill" on there own without "corporate america" and are being parked because they can no longer afford to. So are you saying Tony that you think the payouts per race are where they should be? (Pro and Sportsman alike)

The truth of the matter is that until these executives raise the level of the pro side of the sport and its purses to a non-embarrassing level (ie. $200,000 to win in TF and FC), they should all be compensated at a level that would put them all in '93 Daewoo's. NHRA top brass has genuinely failed to create an economics in the Pro categories that would allow the sport to really prosper.

Mark Watkins

I can think of quite a few owners and crew chiefs as well that have high end toys, but what I am speaking of is the racers who "foot the bill" on there own without "corporate america" and are being parked because they can no longer afford to. So are you saying Tony that you think the payouts per race are where they should be? (Pro and Sportsman alike)
Hey Tim, if a Gunderson, Wilkerson, Zizzo or a Miller want to go out on the town or have a little fun, they aren't pulling a Yugo or a Ford Festiva out of the garage.

The problems within big time drag racing, don't revolve around a purchase of a car.

The truth of the matter is that until these executives raise the level of the pro side of the sport and its purses to a non-embarrassing level (ie. $200,000 to win in TF and FC), they should all be compensated at a level that would put them all in '93 Daewoo's. NHRA top brass has genuinely failed to create an economics in the Pro categories that would allow the sport to really prosper.

Mark Watkins
I can think of a few racers and car owners who are also responsible for the poor economics of drag racing.

I said it before in a different thread that made mention of the old Bentley, WHO CARES!!! I hope he goes out and purchases a $20,000 Body Kit to make that ride pimp, Man will you guys go nuts over that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back