My opinion of why the 1000' rule isn't the answer (2 Viewers)

That crash of Dixon's in that video happend BEFORE the 1000' mark. Also, it had nothing to do with the engine as well. And, that tire went way more than 320'

If you truely want safety, DO NOT DRIVE to the track. You have a much great chance of being killed on the way to the track, than a driver at the track. Better yet, cancel all racing as it is dangerous!

This 1000' mark stuff is like my sister in law who covers herself while in the sun to avoid getting skin cancer, yet lights up a cigarette.

Watch that video again and watch how much stuff goes on BEFORE the 1000' mark.

That's like saying remove the roll cages because one didn't prevent someone from being burned.

I believe Jeff Arrend came on here and said the shorter distance makes the cars easier to stop?

I still like Dale Armstrong's low compression ideas. We already have limiting rules, as in cubic inches, gear, blower size, the banning of the two speed blower drive that Dale developed, etc.

That and other videos I've seen of wheel studs shearing (when the engine locks, I'm sure) has made me wonder in the past if more would help prevent that. Possibly just rip the center of the wheel out next?

Last edited:
That's like saying remove the roll cages because one didn't prevent someone from being burned.

I believe Jeff Arrend came on here and said the shorter distance makes the cars easier to stop?

I still like Dale Armstrong's low compression ideas. We already have limiting rules, as in cubic inches, gear, blower size, the banning of the two speed blower drive that Dale developed, etc.

That and other videos I've seen of wheel studs shearing (when the engine locks, I'm sure) has made me wonder in the past if more would help prevent that. Possibly just rip the center of the wheel out next?

Take off the rev limiters, give 'em back 100%, keep the track at 1000'.

If the tuners get too aggressive, these things will just boil the hides anyway.

The BIG show would be back, all the crackle and thunder, cake and eat it too.

If we go back to 1320', 280 mph drag racing, I'm takin up golf:confused:

Top Fuel is about pushing the envelope performance wise, and 1000' racing allows progress, not rearward thinking.

REX

330mph in 1320ft was just fine...remove the crap from the sand traps and make them safe ! My factory job is dangerous....maybe I should quit.Most of us hate the 1000 ft thing so stop trying to tell us how damn great it is ! In the words of Mr. Obama "you can put lipstick on a pig...and it's still a pig "( what a loser) !

330mph in 1320ft was just fine...remove the crap from the sand traps and make them safe ! My factory job is dangerous....maybe I should quit.Most of us hate the 1000 ft thing so stop trying to tell us how damn great it is ! In the words of Mr. Obama "you can put lipstick on a pig...and it's still a pig "( what a loser) !

That's exactly what I said after Scott's crash and I got called a Death monger and everything else. A Dangerous Shutdown area killed Scott, not a 1320 track!:confused:

That's exactly what I said after Scott's crash and I got called a Death monger and everything else. A Dangerous Shutdown area killed Scott, not a 1320 track!:confused:

Nobody wants a driver to be hurt or die doing what he or she loves but it is racing....and racing is dangerous by nature.Hell, the first time I went to watch nitro cars race I said to myself " you have to be a bit crazy to want to drive one of those beasts" !DUH

The tire wasnt the havoc,the chassis broke!!!

I ain't TELLIN' ya' nuthin'

Got it?

I have my OPINION, you have YOURS,

get over it.

Annnnnnnnd, I'll offer my opinion WHENEVER I want.

REX

I ain't TELLIN' ya' nuthin'

Got it?

I have my OPINION, you have YOURS,

get over it.

Annnnnnnnd, I'll offer my opinion WHENEVER I want.

REX

Well I welcome your opinions and never tried to " tell you nuthin". I love the idea of getting rid of the rev-limiter and running 100% nitro....balls out for 1000 ft.(if we are stuck with 1000 forever ).But understand that there are a lot of pissed off fans like myself ....I hear it all the time.Don't be surprised if there are lots more empty seats next season. Happy to agree to disagree with you .

The tire wasnt the havoc,the chassis broke!!!

There's one in that video that comes off the car at 2:35 and touches ground again at 2:47! Same thing, what if that one had simply landed in a different place? Not saying it happens often enough that there should be a concern. I'm not that bean counter.

This I think I can say. If either or both of those tires HAD simply landed in the wrong place and killed people, something would have been changed. If that happens, that means they watched bullets flying around and didn't do anything until a magic one found it's target.

Since the cars have floater rears, shouldn't axles be snapping before wheel studs? At least then the wheel stays on the car. Isn't that why they HAVE floater rears?

My semi trucks have ten studs per wheel.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back