Must Be Nice! (1 Viewer)

To own all those Nitro and ProMod teams - and still have the time and "influence" to go for a spin in a modern FORMULA ONE CAR. Nice.
Motorsport.com: Photos channel

Happy New Years to you all!

Dale

I wonder how much that cost. I'm sure Sir Frank Williams didn't do it for nothing.

Having been a longtime video gamer, I would love to give that simulator a try.

What a good gig this guy has, glad to see he found such an interest in drag racing, he came along when the sport really needed a guy with deep pockets and a love of the sport. Good thing he didn't end up working at Lowe's or Best Buy, the name tag would be way to small to fit "his highness yada yada" on it.

Wasn't there a report a while back that Williams was hurting for funds?.... and suposedly the mercedes motors were gone?....

maybe they were trying to get KH hooked and toss some funds their way...

Billy

Wasn't there a report a while back that Williams was hurting for funds?.... and suposedly the mercedes motors were gone?....

maybe they were trying to get KH hooked and toss some funds their way...

Billy

Actually Frank sold a portion of the team to some Arab (Saudi?) investor. That would explain why the Sheikh was able to hang out and try the simulator. Williams has had a long-standing relationship with the Saudi's dating back to their glory days in the late 70s/early 80s with Saudi Air sponsorship. I remember Alan Jones having to drink fruit juice on the podium in deference to their sponsors. I also believe that Williams brought TAG (now a major partner to McLaren) to F1.

BTW, Williams will have Cosworth engines for 2010...

To own all those Nitro and ProMod teams - and still have the time and "influence" to go for a spin in a modern FORMULA ONE CAR. Nice.
Motorsport.com: Photos channel

Happy New Years to you all!

Dale

The article says he took a ride in the simulator, not a real F1 car, big difference. The simulator is indoors and it's open to people with money or fame and even both. Something I don't have to worry about.

Not that it makes any difference, William..but he did do laps in the F1..according to Del on the NHRA News: NHRA Story » Worsham visits Qatar, attends race club event

“Once Sheik Khalid was comfortable and learned how to handle everything in there, his performance in the simulator improved dramatically, he was ready to drive the car. (Three days later at the Losail International Circuit in Qatar, Sheik Khalid became the first Qatari to ever drive a Formula 1 car; he drove five laps and did a really nice job from what everyone said.)"

I like the guy myself..hehe. (envious..oh yea)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back