WatchESPN now available on Roku (1 Viewer)

NitroMustang65

Nitro Member
For those of you with a Roku, they just announced the WatchESPN channel yesterday. I installed it last night and it's so nice now to be able to watch live NHRA without having to be on the computer! The pic looks great at 65". Yes it's a week late but for 2014 I can at least watch Friday night qualifying live and Sunday eliminations if I have the time. You still have to have a cable service to use it though, no way around that.

Last edited:
For those of you with a Roku, they just announced the WatchESPN channel yesterday. I installed it last night and it's so nice now to be able to watch live NHRA without having to be on the computer! The pic looks great at 65". Yes it's a week late but for 2014 I can at least watch Friday night qualifying live and Sunday eliminations if I have the time. You still have to have a cable service to use it though, no way around that.

Thanks for the tip Dave!

What is ROKU ? Don't have a clue ! LOL

I was looking into getting an adapter to go from USB port to CAT 5 cable--- going from my PC to my TV to watch ESPN 3 --

Anybody else tried/are doing this ?

What is ROKU ? Don't have a clue ! LOL

I was looking into getting an adapter to go from USB port to CAT 5 cable--- going from my PC to my TV to watch ESPN 3 --

Anybody else tried/are doing this ?

Won't you need to also have the video cable from the PC to the TV?

But in order to watch it your provider has to carry it!
Verizon, ATT Universe, Time Warner Cable etc.
If they don't supply it you can't watch it live but you can watch the replays if they are posted.

Dinosaur alert !!!
I have been trying to minimize my cable bill but had to keep ESPN for drag races because I get the races with Xbox and ATT u-verse.
My son recently bought me ROKU. Do I still have to keep the ESPN level plan or can I just get the minimal cable plan and get there through ROKU???
HELP appreciated!

Dinosaur alert !!!
I have been trying to minimize my cable bill but had to keep ESPN for drag races because I get the races with Xbox and ATT u-verse.
My son recently bought me ROKU. Do I still have to keep the ESPN level plan or can I just get the minimal cable plan and get there through ROKU???
HELP appreciated!

Pretty sure you'll stiil need to pay for espn2 to use the channel on the Roku. It will have you enter a code once you authenticate on your provider's web site.

Just got a Roku 3 and tried out the Watch ESPN channel. There are a few bugs either in the Roku interface or with the channel where you eventually get to a point where there is no going back and you are forced to go to the Roku home screen and then navigate back to the channel. But other than that, I can't wait to watch ESPN 3 coverage of NHRA racing next season on my HD TV, especially in surround sound.

Dinosaur alert !!!
HELP appreciated!

I have Cox and ditched cable TV (wasn't watching enough TV to justify the cost). But I still have ESPN 3 access through my account with Cox for internet access. I don't know what your provider does.

One thing I found is that the ESPN channels are not available in surround sound. I have my Roku set up to have audio in surround sound, but ESPN 3 plays in standard stereo.

This doesn't change anything for me. My ISP doesn't participate, so even though I have a Roku, it still doesn't help...

I use Sprint Overdrive and they don't offer espn3. You would think that as big of a sponsor in Nascar Sprint would offer the service.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back