Mrs. Anderson.... (1 Viewer)

One of the things that really turns me off about modern auto racing in general is the fact that due to sponsor money, the emotion of drivers and crew members has been totally removed from the equation. She apparently had a human reaction to a jerk---and not the normal "Thanks for coming to the NHRA US Nationals presented by Chevrolet at Lucas Oil Raceway and watching our KB Racing Summit Racing Equipment Camaro with Goodyear Tires, Champion Spark Plugs, and 48 other sponsor decals on the side." If you lose a customer over something like this, he probably was a customer you didnt need to start with.

I remember Jim Head doing an short interview spot during a race when he was sponsored by Camel/ Smokin Joes.
They were asking him about some "fan" jumping on his pit bike and going for a joyride.
Apparently Jim tracked the guy and the bike down and pretty much said nothing to the idiot.

His quote basically was ..."that guy is lucky I have a sponsor now, it would have been a different outcome if I was still unsponsored "

Even if they saw it, they should never be given a restricted area pass again for posting it on line. It was none of their business unless they were directly involved.

Last edited:
Agree with most of what you said Sean. Except ...

How do you think Ken Black might feel about the image that presents on his operation? How about perception on their sponsor, Summit? Never kid yourself, its always about $$ and business. Perception is always someone's else's reality. And if Ken Black or Summit were tp lose a customer or fan over an incident like that, then it was the wrong thing to do.

Simply put ... the pits and track are these Owners, Drivers, and crews workplace. And if I was a team owner, I would be damn straight with the entire team (spouses, friends, and family included) ... professional at all times or find someone else to work for !!

I feel ya', Jim. But I will go on to quote Mike Walker's post. While I understand professionalism requirements, it also pi$$es me off the complete disrespect some of these fans can have. And you see it in all sports, not just drag racing. Hell, for that matter there's not much accountability at all in this world these days. People simply get away with entirely too much.

I'll say it again, disrespect someone like the Ace and you might get a sleeping pill, especially back in the day. Maybe if there were more accountability in this world, we wouldn't have as many incidents like this.

Sean D

Got it second hand from a person who was right there when it happened. I could care less, but I wanted to see all the different opinions get flung around on here. People constantly come on here and post about things they are not directly involved with or know nothing about......typical.

Last edited:
I am still new here but if Greg's wife did that, I can't say that is normal behavior, but emotions run high at a drag race. I have been a former bracket racer myself. I have always said if you lose a drag race and don't care if might be time to get out of the seat in my opinion. I don't think she should be flipping people the bird but I would say her emotions got the best of her. I can remeber a former fuel world champion being a complete ass in the pits after an early exit in St. Louis one year(I won't mention his name), but he just lost, he is still one of my favorite drivers today. Just had a bad day. We all have bad days at the race track. I still like to think there are more good days though! :)

Good for her if it did happen. She's hot and spunky! We all bitch about the blah, sponsor laden, boring interviews and too PC drivers, then when something like his happens ( IF it happened ) you want to flip sides and bash? Can't have it both ways boys

Being that the countdown was at stake and it was at Indy..I would say that the pressure needle was pegged in the red zone.
I surprized She didn`t climb over the fence and clock the guy.

Three things came to my mind when I saw the event unfold.
1.) Did some cad just throw something at her?
2.) Warren Johnson fans sure are loyal.
3.) Judging by appearances, Mr. Anderson is a lucky man..

Even if they saw it, they should never be given a restricted area pass again for posting it on line. It was none of their business unless they were directly involved.
Yes just like the White House cover everything up. This was minor. This sport needs to clean out the sponsors and owners running scams, wife beaters, child molesters, and thieves. With cover ups it takes forever to get rid of the bad apples.

Yes just like the White House cover everything up. This was minor. This sport needs to clean out the sponsors and owners running scams, wife beaters, child molesters, and thieves. With cover ups it takes forever to get rid of the bad apples.

If you do that the only ones left will be the Racer's For Christ folks.

If you are allowed access to my pits, shop or home and you see someone there do something that you feel is non PC, I expect you to keep it to yourself or there will be consequences that you will face. What is common practice in my enviroment may offend others and if you don't like it then just leave and stay away. If you see something being done that is illegal, then report it to the authorities and if there is an arrest then it will become public record and both sides will be told. Then it can be discussed a little more intelligently on social media because at least both sides can be told.

What they alledge Kim did is only a non PC gesture and words to some but would be considered SOP actions for many and a tame response by others. It was reported her actions were aimed at a fan, but they don't know for sure as it could have been a team member, or an opponent's team member, a track official, etc. Was it reported what the other person alledgedly said? No because that would probably take the WOW factor out of them being able to assasinate a person's charactor from behind their keyboard without facts.

There are many illegal things that take place in drag racing and they are handled within the community appropriately. No need to spread it around on social media to individuals that do not have a need to know.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back