Thanksgiving Thread ! (1 Viewer)

Larry

Nitro Member
Never One to gloom and doom I say , tis the time to take stock with all thats right with your world!
Believe me it will take less time !
I hope sincerly things will turn around and I don't care who does it.

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a
bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the
bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried
to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite
words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean
up" the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled
back.
John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John,
in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the
freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed.
Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a pee p was heard for over a
minute.
Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to
the freezer.
The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and
said,
"I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and
actions.
I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I
fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable
behavior." John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.

As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic
change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"
HAPPY THANKSGIVING MATERS !

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Larry.............eat some damn carbs for just one day!!! Bazumba's Orders, ya hear?!!!!!:D

Thanks Larry! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
I have reason to believe we, as a Nation and a people, will be compelled to learn how to be thankful a lot more in the near future. Things we've taken for granted all our lives will become luxuries and we'll show more gratitude for each other and the simpler things in life. Whatever it takes, it will be worth it.

This is my favorite season of the year. I'm grateful for everything I have including my problems that help me grow. Thank you all for being a part of my Mater family. I don't take such associations lightly.

Here is another Parrot joke which kinda risque but funny none the less.

A man had a parrot which despite everything he could come up with knew no words except those which were unmentionable in polite company.

A friend told him his church had two parrots which spent their days praying and maybe if he put him with them he would learn better manors.

He put the bird with the two church parrots and the first thing out of his mouth was " Do you want to #&*K ".

Everyone was in shock then the two Parrots squawked loudly and then in unison said.
Thank you Lord our prayers have been answered ! :)

Better listen Larry, that's one of the Head Buzumba's herself!

Happy Thanksgiving day~~~

That's why I maintain a fleet of fast cars to outrun trouble !

My Custard Prayers have been answered by " g " but Jenn you were so occupied last night on the chat that you did not see my plea for the recipe for the zucchini tamales.

Now that sounds like something I could eat !

Is the recipe in the forbidden [ to me ] food section ??

Accually since food is forbidden anyway I haven't seen if it had a diet section.
If so it could be a gold mine as myself and my chief engineer.
We have come to the conclusion we are on a continous " Diet For Life " program.

Anyone who can gain two pounds by just smelling food is a severe case .

Say maybe I can write a book and get rich !

I can see it now a retirement community of Maters with a full Drag Racing Facility and a world class road track for all the sports car owners.

Title :How to diet without being at the point of a gun !
Thats a Grabber ! :)

My Custard Prayers have been answered by " g " but Jenn you were so occupied last night on the chat that you did not see my plea for the recipe for the zucchini tamales.

I'll have to ask my Mom Larry but you should know, my mom's a hispanic woman who cooks with a handful of this, a pinch of that and a sprinkle of this. Getting any measurements out of her is impossible. She never measures and it always comes out perfect-o-mundo!

thanksgiving_turkey.gif

I remember hearing a sad story on a nationally syndicated talk show some years back. The subject was thanksgiving and a guy called up from Oklahoma. He was out of work and his wife had left him leaving just him and his son. The man said that they had no relatives in the local area and it was just going to be him and his son and two Swanson Turkey TV dinners.

The man ended the call saying that at least we have our health.

Happy Thanksgiving
Rich

Last edited:
When I woke up today, I knew this was going to be a little different Thanksgiving. My brother has been stuck in Thailand for four days now & it is not certain when he will be able to return, although they are talking about opening the airports back up. My parents had their shop vandalized for the first time ever and just because they don't keep cash there & it upset some guys who came in & wanted money. Yet, I am still Thankful for our blessings. We have a strong family and our loved ones are healthy. I have faith that my brother will remain safe and that this was a one time event for my parents. Material things are just that, but family is irreplaceable. May all your families be happy, healthy and safe. Happy Thanksgiving, g'

The best things in life aren't things.

Amen

This will be our 1st T'day without Mom, she passed away Feb 10th, we are thankful for the 70 yrs that she was given, and the memories we have of her.

Its gonna be a tough day for sure, but we do have our health, our homes and family.

I hope you all have the things that are most important to you today!

"D"

On a day like this I never underestimate the value of having friends/folks/peeps out there in 1/4 mile ....errrr...1000ft land who share the same passion I do via the this board.

I'll have to ask my Mom Larry but you should know, my mom's a hispanic woman who cooks with a handful of this, a pinch of that and a sprinkle of this. Getting any measurements out of her is impossible. She never measures and it always comes out perfect-o-mundo!

Don't forget I grew up further south in Carlsbad and still have many Hispanic Friends.

I used to be the Gringo who carried a pitcher of water everywhere with me .

The Pecos Restaurant in Carlsbad still has three different levels of spicing for food orders.

Mild , Hot and Muy Calaente !
I remember something about green but I don't think it had anything to do with the environment out side of your gut ! LOL
God I love SW food, Cajun Food , Tex Mex food , and how about that Italian place in Arlington with the Chicken Alfredo that melts in your mouth!

Ron where the Hell's you at I think I know where we need to go dine at !
You can hold a gun on me and order me to go there.
A finger in a coat pocket will work just as well.

Oh and " g's " recipe for diet Custard Pie worked like a champ !
Nirvana was reached about 10:00 this morning. I cheated ! :)

Last edited:
Don't forget I grew up further south in Carlsbad and still have many Hispanic Friends.

I used to be the Gringo who carried a pitcher of water everywhere with me .

The Pecos Restaurant in Carlsbad still has three different levels of spicing for food orders.

I think I've been to the Pecos restaurant. My aunt and uncle used to live down that way and we'd swing over after racing at Roswell dragway.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back