Morgan & Brandon at the Superbowl? (1 Viewer)

The reporter is outside and you can see just behind him up on the building in the huge neon red letters the Lucas oil signage. So much for them covering up the signs.

I believe their goal is to make sure they are not seen during the telecast of the game, not necessarily at any point leading up to the game.

Our local ABC affiliate has been doing live broadcasts every night this week from LUCAS OIL STADIUM. The reporter is outside and you can see just behind him up on the building in the huge neon red letters the Lucas oil signage. So much for them covering up the signs. Am happy to see Forest getting some good return on his investment.:)

I have heard "Lucas Oil Stadium" on sports talk at least 100 times this week!!

Found it interesting that "The Shoe" got some "Big Game" exposure.

NHRA Story » NHRA Funny Cars on display in Indy prior to Super Bowl XLVI

This is not new. There are always IndyCars on display ... when I flew into Indy for the F1 races there were always an F1 car on display (in 2000 it was a Jordan) ... and when I flew into Indy for the US Nationals one of Ashley Force's Funny Cars was on display. Indy knows that motorsports is a huge revenue generator for their economy and always do a decent job promoting it.

Good for Indy and good for NHRA.

NFL is the model for brand awareness and control. To wit: see all the ads on TV that reference "the big game"? As in "buy a TV and have it delivered before the big game". Or this ad where even Hooters, famous for football watching, calls it "the big game". Notice how none of them use the phrase "Super Bowl"? NFL controls it like a hawk and would eat them alive if they used their phrase. See this article on the subject.

Even with all the NHRA's recent attempts to control people posting videos and photos from events, they are amateurs compared the the brand control the NFL exerts.

I believe the NFL even once made an unsuccessful attempt to copyright "The Big Game" so that too could not be used by advertisers in their attempts to avoid using Super Bowl.

We just talking here in the living room....How much in royalties/revenue - or even future sales, do you think Mr. Lucas will see from all this, if any? We're also counting up the Budweiser commercials and were debating as to how many races that woulda' put Brandon at... and maybe even a teammate .....

We're also counting up the Budweiser commercials and were debating as to how many races that woulda' put Brandon at... and maybe even a teammate .....

Two commercials ($7m) would've done just fine to keep a TF or FC very much in the thick of things. But that 1min of advertising reached 500m people worldwide. A year of NHRA exposure would be lucky to reach 1% that many people.

I thought I saw during some of the 6+ hours of pre-game a shot inside the stadium of the crowd on the concourse. In the background there was what looked like an Indycar and Baja truck that appeared to be hanging from the ceiling both painted white. Are these normally painted in Lucas Oil colors? Was the Funny Car and Fuelers painted white as well? I didn't see those in any coverage.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back