NHRA drivers to play softball in Reading Aug 14 (1 Viewer)

paoldtimer

Nitro Member
The game will benefit DRAW and will be held Thursday, August 14th at FirstEnergy Stadium in Reading, PA.
Gates will open at 5 pm, and fans are invited to a pregame autograph session from 5-6 pm. Game starts at 7 pm.

Antron Brown and Gary Scelzi will coach the teams.

So far, the drivers scheduled to play are: Hillary Will, Bob V, Mike Neff, Dave Grubnic, Rod Fuller, TJ, Dave Connolly, Bob Tasca, Morgan Lucas, JR Todd, Del Worsham, Allen Johnson, Jim Yates, Cory Mac, Brandon Bernstein, Ron Capps, Greg Anderson, Steve Johnson and Larry Dixon.

Come out and support DRAW and have fun at the same time!!

I'm hoping there will be more drivers that will just show up even though they may not be playing. They will come for the laughs...:D:D and support their teammates..

I'll make the first prediction

Scelzi's Superchargers 11
Browns Burn Don Bombers 8

What a coincidence. Just today I was telling a newbie about the NHRA vs NASCAR benefit softball game they put on after Darrell Gwynn's accident.

I remember that John Force kept sneaking over to the NASCAR dugout to make comments such as "You guys must not get much TV time because I don't recognize any of you" and "How do you get those tin cans to turn left, anyway?" :D

We still had fun!! :D The drivers all hung around with the fans and even conducted a friendly Q&A session for us die-hards that stuck it out until the end.
Working on my pictures and will post them shortly.

Hey Kelly - I told Ron you would be jealous ;) but I took some pics for you!

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back