Monster FC (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I can't believe Force let Austin and Bernie over there... Pretty awesome of John.

Is ANYBODY really surprised that John would help out?

To be the best you have to beat the best. John wants a good race.
I'm a KB fan and I'm Glad he's back! (and WHO doesn't like John Force? Class Guy!)

Less than two-tenths shy of the natinal record is more than a step in the right direction and that might get him in the show.

Maybe... but consider this, It's only .05 better then when John Force set the record at 4.88 more then ten years ago!! :rolleyes:

I'm not putting them down, I'm just being real. Last year's bump was 4.80, and I'm thinking it's going to be a .79-.77 bump this year.

I really hope they can do it. :cool:

Last edited:
Ray...Pulde was shoeing for Plueger who was running a single mag, huge pump by Leach, and simple clutch management @ Sonoma. NHRA expected them to not qualify, and they had Force first round Sun when Force and Bode went to NHRA whining about how, Puldes license wasn't current and 'destiny' would beat him and they allowed Bode in....Pulde out...
Sad for the crew and Plueger.....

Just so you know, John never went and whined about it. John was really wanting to see Dale and Steve get in the show. John loves Plueger and Dale is one of John's heros. He was pretty pissed when he found out they DQ'd Dale.

Last edited:
Just so you know, John never went and whined about it. John was really wanting to see Dale and Steve get in the show. John loves Plueger and Dale is one of John's heros. He was pretty pissed when he found out they DQ'd Dale.

Yup, as I remember, John was pretty upset with that. He wanted to race Pulde. Heck, I remember he kissed Al Segrini when he originally drove that car when it first came out. I think Coil and Fedderley even helped Plueger with the set up on that car also.

Plueger and Leach do not need any help from anyone in regards to running a fuel combo.....Plueger used to tune for Force before he decided to build cars on a full-time basis...Force would take a fleet of Plueger chassis anyday..in fact when Force won a championship in 93/94 he was running Pluegers stuff and the CAR CRAFT award (best chassis maker/fuel) was given to Murf and Force (who won for fuel pilot) called Plueger up to the podium and gave him his trophy. If Steve would commit but Steve builds em one @ a time...too slow for that JFR camp. Very few know the Steve.....

Plueger and Leach do not need any help from anyone in regards to running a fuel combo.....Plueger used to tune for Force before he decided to build cars on a full-time basis...Force would take a fleet of Plueger chassis anyday..in fact when Force won a championship in 93/94 he was running Pluegers stuff and the CAR CRAFT award (best chassis maker/fuel) was given to Murf and Force (who won for fuel pilot) called Plueger up to the podium and gave him his trophy. If Steve would commit but Steve builds em one @ a time...too slow for that JFR camp. Very few know the Steve.....

No, Steve and Paul don't need help but once they had to go to the dual mag "cookie cutter" setup, Austin and the guys helped out with some advice and some parts. In turn, when Eric went into the sand at the finals in 05, Steve and George were over there welding on the chassis to help get Eric to the starting line. Steve is still the best FC chassis builder around in my opinion. I can't wait to go over to his shop next week and check out the two nostalgia cars he and Bucky are going to run.

No, Steve and Paul don't need help but once they had to go to the dual mag "cookie cutter" setup, Austin and the guys helped out with some advice and some parts. In turn, when Eric went into the sand at the finals in 05, Steve and George were over there welding on the chassis to help get Eric to the starting line. Steve is still the best FC chassis builder around in my opinion. I can't wait to go over to his shop next week and check out the two nostalgia cars he and Bucky are going to run.

Yeah, what a thrash!
I was there watching, and they built that entire engine outside the car, top to bottom, and lifted in the enitre thing. Pretty cool deal. Only thing that saved them was the cacklefest that was going on before the finals.

Tracy;
Is Steve Leach still the hair on fire wild man from the 60s and 70s, or did he EVER calm down! We had a shop a few doors down from him in Artesia during the 70s and MAN was that a FUN group! Think think JJ took wildman lessons from Steve.

Yesterday at Firebird Kenny went even quicker at a 4.79 @ 323. Hopefully, this trend will continue next week in Pomona.

It looked like it was on a string when he went by us. I was standing around the 700 foot mark, and it was awesome, I can't wait to see him through out the season.

I would dis-agree with that. When you are in the middle of thrashing to get a car straight a pair of eyes from outside may see something that you might have over looked. Just friends helping friends.

jim

That doesn't make Ray Alley and Johnny West look very good!
Quite the opposite. It shows how complicated it is to get a brand new from the ground up deal going. It took Mike Ashley most of last year to get really competitive and using a lot of Schumacher brain trust. Take three brand new cars from the same manufacturer and set them up the same and they'll all have their own personality. The performance will come but maybe not right at first.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back