Monster FC (1 Viewer)

It appears Ray didn't take good notes:eek: ! J/K It sounds like they can't get the car to the 330 without it shaking.

At least Richards is in the Bud/Monster camp! If anybody can figure it out, it would be the man who tuned the first ever funny car to the 4's!!!

I'm certainly not overly educated in tuning Fuel Coupes, but I do seem to recall Phil Burkhart talking about his Funny Car chassis being unbalanced a year or two ago which was causing it to drive left or right very aggressively at the hit. I wonder if it's something along those lines...

Regardless, I'm sure Tim & Ray will get it figured out before Pomona. I don't think there's any question Kenny is capable - he is & he'll be fine once they get it sorted out.

Regardless, I'm sure Tim & Ray will get it figured out before Pomona. I don't think there's any question Kenny is capable - he is & he'll be fine once they get it sorted out.[/QUOTE]

I saw nothing that would indicate the General is involved in the Monster operation. Did hear that the situation might change very quickly.

Bernstein runs an awesome operation but that camp has HUGE egos over there w/ Richards and Alley. They have been around for sooo long. Richards stays away from that situation until asked and if anyone here knows Alley...he is not asking for help and Kenny will not step on his toes...thats old news.
They will do fine. Heard they are not even worried so far about the cross over.
Heard that chassis he has is 3-4 years old w/ a front-half.
Many tuners mentioned to him, KB, to call Plueger to bring his scales out to AZ...
No one builds a fuel funny like Plueger---The best

Bernstein runs an awesome operation but that camp has HUGE egos over there w/ Richards and Alley. They have been around for sooo long. Richards stays away from that situation until asked and if anyone here knows Alley...he is not asking for help and Kenny will not step on his toes...thats old news.
They will do fine. Heard they are not even worried so far about the cross over.
Heard that chassis he has is 3-4 years old w/ a front-half.
Many tuners mentioned to him, KB, to call Plueger to bring his scales out to AZ...
No one builds a fuel funny like Plueger---The best
Terry,
I hate to burst your bubble, but that is a brand new Murf McKinney car... Pick yourself up a copy of Drag Racer magazine and you can follow along with the build of Kenny's new ride... Got mine yesterday in the mail, they should be in stores already... They have an issue, KB that is, for sure... I'm not sure what good it is going to do, to license in someone elses car before Pomona and still not be able to get his own ride past the 330' block without taking it back to the trailer with him... FRUSTRATING!!:eek:

Johny West said the chassis they were using in licensing was 3 years old w/ a new front and only had a few full passes. The new car was/is the back-up to which they will use today.

They would of liked to of used/bought a Plueger chassis but Steve takes his time and could not put one out fast enough.
If Steve could produce, or even want to, the number of chassis that Murf puts out very few would even know Murf excisted. Murf does build a nice Plueger clone though..as does Grant over in Orange County...
Plueger is not into mass production for the mighty dollar...

Kenny used to use Mike K chassis back in the 80's but Mike is no longer w/ us...

Does Force still use Plueger exclusively? I thought I had heard Steve was pretty much retired, and that's why he was messing with that "old school" car of his for fun.

Force has been trying to hire Plueger exclusively for years now but gave up as Steve enjoys helping anyone who wants a funny car chassis, either alcohol or fuel.
Steve takes his time and could not keep up w/ the JFR stable and the amount of pipe thay use.
Plueger works out of his home and one of the neat things about Plueger is his shop sports no pictures/letters of Thanks/or posters of cars he built on the walls, just a clean, perfect shop w/ all the latest tooling. A true humbling experience....stop by and visit w/ his pit bull..LOL...he has more stories and knows all the dirt in the fuel world that will go into the early AM.
He will never retire.....loves this sport

Johny West said the chassis they were using in licensing was 3 years old w/ a new front and only had a few full passes. The new car was/is the back-up to which they will use today.

They would of liked to of used/bought a Plueger chassis but Steve takes his time and could not put one out fast enough.
If Steve could produce, or even want to, the number of chassis that Murf puts out very few would even know Murf excisted. Murf does build a nice Plueger clone though..as does Grant over in Orange County...
Plueger is not into mass production for the mighty dollar...

Kenny used to use Mike K chassis back in the 80's but Mike is no longer w/ us...
O.K. Terry, my bad...
I hope the new Murf car goes straight down the track and KB can put this all behind him... And they can leave that other chassis in a trash barrel on their way out the gate, with a license in Kenny's back pocket... Thanks for clearing that up for me... REALLY!;) ;) :D

The car finally went straight yesterday and went 5.14 @ 271 (engine was sour on the top end). So, he needs one more pass quicker then 5.50 and faster then 250 to get his FC license. I hope he gets it done today and the team can work on the tune-up.

I wonder what Monster must think should KB go to Pomona without his license? I know Del offered up his Flopper so KB can finally license, but this is ridiculous!:confused:

Did that many people think it would be that easy??? Give 'em a little time, they will be fine....

Amen Brian. How many times have we seen that budget doesn't automatically equal success, especially instant success? But like it's been said, Kenny will do just fine, I'll bet within 3-4 events he will be in the thick of it. Remember when he first came back to FC, not sure if it was when Armstrong first came aboard or before that, but Kenny went on his lid testing. But he certainly went on to greatness after that!

C'mon...First of all Bernstein never went on his 'lid' testing. Armstrong filled in for him and got crossed up on a track w/ crappy guardrails and went into a ditch.
This situation is no biggie for Kenny. They have a new tune-up on kill. Most people here know that turning the candle up or down on these cars is very simple. "When in doubt, lean it out" is the oldest saying in fuel racing.

Kenny is a business man and knew thay would stumble. Every business stumbles....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back