Monster FC (1 Viewer)

Other than being wrong about flipping, my point was pretty much what you said, that stumbling early on is no big deal, and just part of the process.

C'mon...First of all Bernstein never went on his 'lid' testing. Armstrong filled in for him and got crossed up on a track w/ crappy guardrails and went into a ditch.
This situation is no biggie for Kenny. They have a new tune-up on kill. Most people here know that turning the candle up or down on these cars is very simple. "When in doubt, lean it out" is the oldest saying in fuel racing.

Kenny is a business man and knew thay would stumble. Every business stumbles....

he might not have gone on his lid but he did wreck the car at pomona in his first race with armstrong. i remember the photos somewhere and the body was off at the end and the front was pretty mangled.

Was that the race when John Collins got crossed up and went into his lane and they had contact?

I know of only two instances when Kenny got into trouble:

Against Amato @ the Winternats, went over guardrail in the final @ in Reading,PA 87-88 went out into the swampland, but returned to a semi-final finish...

Well I know one thing... Charlie's running out of 330' blocks... :D Joke there Terry...:eek: Kenny is going to get it together even if he has to move Ray to co-crew chief...;)

5.20 @ something like 260mph...
Something does'nt seem right about those slow numbers...
Then you get thrown in with the wolves...:eek:

Don't they have a senior league like golf??
I said it, but really did'nt mean it...:D

Hey...I am partial to Kenny, he is top shelf....These re-baby steps are part of the process...

Terry
Please trust me when I say, we all want to see Kenny back at the top of the charts... Has anyone ever said a negative thing about KB on this site?? I dont tink so... But at this point, if we don't laugh a little, I know I will cry... Seriously... I hope today was a better day for the whole team... And for Kenny the most...

They will go through tough times, I mean 5.20 is quick but compared to todays fields that is an 'also ran' and I expect them to struggle this year w/ plenty of DNQ's but hope they step up and surprise us all....

Me to Terry, me to...
I honestly thought that out of the box, that thing was going to fly...:D Not bowl...:eek:

It's more like 5.50et and 260mph....pretty slow on a National event prepped track but easier said then done at your local strip. I believe they changed the et and mph to reflect the change to 85% so Pulde could get re licensed at Sonoma a couple of years ago. When I had to re-licence in Vegas in early 04 it was 5.30 and 280.

Jeff

C'mon...First of all Bernstein never went on his 'lid' testing.

Hey Terry never is a long time,:) I seem to remember a photo shoot at Orange County when Kenny first came out with Leroy (RIP) tuning the "pub" car. At the end of a burnout it was on it's lid. IIRC he had some potential sponsor at that deal too!

Before Dale came on board they also some motor problems , the nickname in the pits was, Burnsteen, Goldsteen & Hydrazeen ! (sp is a joke)

I think you are right about that e.t. and speed Jeff, now that I think back on what KB said about it...
I never imagined that it would even remotely be an issue... And with the rain-out today and the forecast not looking good for the rest of the week, KB is going back to Vegas with just a little work to do... I believe he did run 5.51 the other day... Pulde only ran one mag and something else was different on his and Plueger's car as well...
Well, I wish you nothing but the best this year Jeff, and it is really great to see you back out again... Especially with the Worsham Group... Enjoy the ride bro...

Bernstein has to be one of the top names in all of motorsports. He is self-made and gives his crew-chief(s) plenty of time to figure things out.

Jeff, glad to see you back in action slapping the loud pedal, the 96 win was one of the best times in flopper racing as I cheered for you (it was live then) when you took out a JFR car...they all looked soooo puzzled that you left on Tony and low-ball'd him in the final....I was yelling @ the TV and was stoked that it went your way...congrats....PLEASE cont....

Ray...Pulde was shoeing for Plueger who was running a single mag, huge pump by Leach, and simple clutch management @ Sonoma. NHRA expected them to not qualify, and they had Force first round Sun when Force and Bode went to NHRA whining about how, Puldes license wasn't current and 'destiny' would beat him and they allowed Bode in....Pulde out...
Sad for the crew and Plueger.....

What a joke that was. Guys like Bernstein and Pulde are some of the best to ever wheel a funny car. They should have some kind of "pass" when it comes to these formalities. On the other hand, rules are for everyone.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back