Mile High Maters (1 Viewer)

D

Nitro Member
Whose going to be in Denver for the Mile Highs? I got the okay from work to go home yesterday, bought my plane ticket today. I'll be at the races Thursday-Saturday. I have to fly back Sunday to be at work Tuesday morning (lose a day crossing the date line). I'll get my annual live nitro fix OOOHHH-RAHHH!!!!!!:D

S/F
D

DeVallion,

I'm not sure if you know this or not but the Mile High's don't run on Thursday anymore, not since they stopped racing alcohol dragster and funny car a few years back. It's just a Friday through Sunday event now. I hope I didn't burst your bubble if you were planning to go to the track on Thursday. There is the annual Mopar big block party Thursday night from 6pm to 10pm in downtown golden where they close off the main street. They have some old mopars on display, live music, food and drink, as well as a dozen or so of the mopar affiliated drivers signing autographs. I haven't officially heard either way, but I'm hoping they don't cancel it this year because of the six weeks in a row schedule. Hope this helps.

I for got about the three day thing, I still will probably head to the track to hang out with some folks while its low key.

S/F
D

Is anyone going to the big Mopar Block Party? Maybe we could have a prerace mater meeting.

S/F
D

I'll be there all 3 days. I sure wish they would run on Thursday. It was always a great day to hang out in the pits.

Okay, I'll be the guy in the very silly hat. Geez.
Stop by the Lucas Oil display on the Midway and say "hello." Our independent Funny Car "The Firefighter" will be there, on display, as we support the firefighters' charity effort.
According to the weather guessers, it should be a good bit cooler than last year's event. Just the same, at this altitude, the sun's rays can be intense. If you have a glabrous pate, as I do, wear a hat!
Cheers,
Ed
P.S. You'll hear the usual complaints about the altitude and the thin air. This just in: the altitude is the same in both lanes!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back