Meeting a Legend Last Night (6 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Last night as usual I was announcing night #1 of Nascar weekend at the Talladega Short Track. I do what I call the announcer ambush and talk to fans in their seats or just arriving. I was doing this when I turned around a saw this gentlemen looking at me and watching. I knew this guy was familiar but I could not pinpoint who it was, I looked, looked some more think I just know this guy. I then came up to me and said, Later Model Mark you sure know your drag racing as I have heard you many times talk about the drag racing. I said to the man I have been going to the drags since 64, primarily in Southern California. He said,do you know who I am? I answered honestly that I did not but I know your face. He said I'm David Rampy! He lives about 35 minutes from Dega and comes a lot during the season.

I was a true joy in meeting one of the greatest sportsman racers ever. David Rampy is a class act.

Late Model Mark
Talladega Short Track Announcer
159 Tracks
2036 Races

Last night as usual I was announcing night #1 of Nascar weekend at the Talladega Short Track. I do what I call the announcer ambush and talk to fans in their seats or just arriving. I was doing this when I turned around a saw this gentlemen looking at me and watching. I knew this guy was familiar but I could not pinpoint who it was, I looked, looked some more think I just know this guy. I then came up to me and said, Later Model Mark you sure know your drag racing as I have heard you many times talk about the drag racing. I said to the man I have been going to the drags since 64, primarily in Southern California. He said,do you know who I am? I answered honestly that I did not but I know your face. He said I'm David Rampy! He lives about 35 minutes from Dega and comes a lot during the season.

I was a true joy in meeting one of the greatest sportsman racers ever. David Rampy is a class act.

Late Model Mark
159 Tracks
2036 Races
I've known David for a very long time and he's one of the nicest & greatest guys you will ever meet.

Late Model Mark
159 Tracks
2036 Races
Mark
The next time you are at a NASCAR truck race go by Timmy Hills truck pit area and say hello to my grandson Adam Gilliland. He is a member of Timmy's team.
Larry Sutton---🤠
PS; he is not there now, he is on his way to Spain.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back