Maskin - Yates (1 Viewer)

I wish them the best of luck, & respect both of them.... but they were a powerhouse over 10 yrs ago.. things have changed a bit... They might get a handle on it but in the meantime I'm betting Cagnazzi & the "Punk" :D make some "Noise" in PS in the next few races...

In the last four years, How many engine guys has Yates had? The Grump seamed to do him good what happened to that deal? Makes me wonder who or what is the problem.

When Yates, Maskin, Jerry Bickel & Rich Purdy were together, that was a strong, formidable combination.

Like to see Yates & Maskin become major players on Sundays again.

I paid very close attention to this team during it's heyday. Jerry Bickel was a key component in their success. There were many events where they didn't have the most power and the baddest bullets. They were able to 60' better than most in the class and knew how to use their chassis to win races and championships. They were the most consistent and it made them champions.

Maybe I missed it, but where does Justin Humphreys and the Race-Redi team fit into all of this?

They (Justin and Maskin) split after the Bristol race. Justin is trying to get back out there. I hope Justin gets something worked out and can return. As for this Yates/Maskin reunion, I am surprised to say the least.

Who is Yates current supplier and what happened to last year's Sonny Leonard rumor. I guess a PS engine program is far less profitable than a Pro Mod program.

Here's a photo I took of Yate's McDonalds car at the Southern Nationals in the mid 90's. He was lika a G.A. in those days.

Wayne.

YATES.jpg

Pete Williams?

What brand do you drink? you're the winner. I figured it would take a while but I was wrong. That might have been the race Pete took WJ out in the first round. I've known Pete for a long time and he was a very good racer and with funding,no telling what he could have done. He raced ProMod and that's where he learned clutches.

Good call. I remember when anyone faced Yates that also had a Maskin motor, 90% of the time they'd lose.

90%,are you kidding me? I left out the part about having to buy a Bickle car to be a team member. I remember a race where Mark Carter had Yates beat so bad that had to slam on the brakes to keep from "breaking out".:D

What brand do you drink? you're the winner. I figured it would take a while but I was wrong. That might have been the race Pete took WJ out in the first round. I've known Pete for a long time and he was a very good racer and with funding,no telling what he could have done. He raced ProMod and that's where he learned clutches.

Miller Lite:D. I wasn't sure if it was Williams or Larry Nance. I am glad to see my memory is still going strong at the ripe age of 30.

90%,are you kidding me? I left out the part about having to buy a Bickle car to be a team member. I remember a race where Mark Carter had Yates beat so bad that had to slam on the brakes to keep from "breaking out".:D

I know you and I remember, Mike, so I'll throw it out for the rest:

Who was the team captain of the diving crew?

Hint: He came out of nowhere, was very much a player for a while, and disappeared just as quickly.

Somewhere around here I have a copy of the "Top Ten Reasons I Lost" list which was suggested by other pro racers in the pits at Brainerd one year. Larry Morgan spearheaded the effort to put the list together so the teams in question wouldn't have to keep using the same excuses over and over.

Hey, who says Pro Stock racers aren't a caring bunch? :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back