Maskin Lobbies NHRA (1 Viewer)

What's the current rule regarding quantity of pieces manufactured by Detroit to be eligiable for Class? Or is my age showing and that has gone the way of the do-do bird?

If Maskin and others want to be the supplier, confirm a manufacture of X amount of pieces and let them have at it... Relying on Detroit might be like relying on China to have enough nitro for the season....:rolleyes:

On the subject of Maskins....wasn't it he who got into a law suit with Big O Tires? Anyone know of the outcome?

Ma, I beleive that BIG O dropped the suit, and agreed to let Richard lease the Big M name for a dollar a year .

There is no rule for quantity.. The NHRA decides what part numbers are legal for each manufacturer. Currently the only factory parts are the blocks and the heads. I find it interesting that there is apparently going to be a shortage of quality blocks for GM. There are no blocks currently available for the Ford (the A-500 is still in the rule book, but Ford has not cast this block in over 10 years, they don't have any of the cores or blueprints. And they have run out of stock) So it looks like it may be an all Mopar show before to long. And Maskins is right, the Mopar block is delivered ready to be finish machined. The DRCE 3 needs a ton of work as it is delivered as a rough casting and needs machining and revision before it's ready for competition.
You don't want to know how much work the A-500 needed before it was ready to run 2 tenths off the pace.

There is no rule for quantity.. The NHRA decides what part numbers are legal for each manufacturer. Currently the only factory parts are the blocks and the heads. I find it interesting that there is apparently going to be a shortage of quality blocks for GM. There are no blocks currently available for the Ford (the A-500 is still in the rule book, but Ford has not cast this block in over 10 years, they don't have any of the cores or blueprints. And they have run out of stock) So it looks like it may be an all Mopar show before to long. And Maskins is right, the Mopar block is delivered ready to be finish machined. The DRCE 3 needs a ton of work as it is delivered as a rough casting and needs machining and revision before it's ready for competition.
You don't want to know how much work the A-500 needed before it was ready to run 2 tenths off the pace.

So maybe Maskin has got a valid point, and actions need to be implimented BEFORE this becomes an issue that affects Sunday raceday? :confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back