Maskin - Yates (1 Viewer)

I hope so too. It is time for him to regain his top running stature. Hopefully he can get it done with Maskin. They were certainly successful in the past.

Let's hope Yates is a little more adept at dancing around one of two of Pro Stock's "third rails" than others lately. I admire the hell out of Yates and how competitive he is considering he is basically a hobby racer on steroids. In light of the NASCAR-like systems of Anderson and Cagnazzi, he and Stanfield really fight the good fight. Anyone that drives his own transporter is OK by me.

Mark

I'm a Yates fan, but Maskin power hasn't helped anyone do anything other than qualify (and that is not a given) for several years. IMHO he would be better off swinging a deal with Tom Hammonds to supply motors. Those guys are hungry and make some power as evidenced by Koretsky's #1 qualifying effort at Vegas. Would also open up the opportunity for a "team" car with which to share data. Could be a win-win. But then, what do I know?

Whatever happens, I hope Jim starts going some rounds and gets in the winner's circle.

I'm a Yates fan, but Maskin power hasn't helped anyone do anything other than qualify (and that is not a given) for several years. IMHO he would be better off swinging a deal with Tom Hammonds to supply motors. Those guys are hungry and make some power as evidenced by Koretsky's #1 qualifying effort at Vegas. Would also open up the opportunity for a "team" car with which to share data. Could be a win-win. But then, what do I know?

Whatever happens, I hope Jim starts going some rounds and gets in the winner's circle.

:confused:This makes more sense to me than another Maskin failed relationship

Hmmmm..... It would be very interesting to say the least. I like Jim Yates and hope that he does well. I really hope that this woeks out for him.

Let's not forget the THIRD guy that made those championships possible...Co-Crew Chief...Jerry Bickel. Having one of the best chassis designers and tuners in the world on his team was just as important as Richard's power.

That was the trifecta! ;)

When Yates, Maskin, Jerry Bickel & Rich Purdy were together, that was a strong, formidable combination.

Like to see Yates & Maskin become major players on Sundays again.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back