Pro Stock at St Louis comments (1 Viewer)

in similar situations previous years they have done the same thing. They have never started eliminations over. It essentially was a one lane race track and the right lane was very dangerous. Cars in the left lane did just fine. The key was to keep lane choice and Anderson had it and Jeg didn’t. I do think they need to use some common sense as a whole. If the air temp or track temp is in a range that there is a safety issue for the cars will less downforce, they need to have the racers as a group decide if they want to race. If they don’t they can move their eliminations to Monday or during qualifying at the next race.

Or how about make them run actual factory body dimensions with whatever downforce they deem necessary? Surely these teardrop cars with no downforce isn't helping the matter.

raise the wicker add a little down force and go little slower.........................PS ia almost zero down force.

Great Idea!!! However, the sanctioning body seems to be oblivious to the knowledge that speed doesn't sell like it used to. What does sell is giving the fan the absolute most time to view the cars (1/4 mile all categories), and a side by side race. We have the sounds. We have the rumble. We have the feel of thunder when the cars blast by from the stands. We have the intoxicating smell of nitro which is better than any female perfume I have ever smelled. Give me TF and FC side by side 1/4 at 280/290. Competition sells the product.

Oh good Lord...tell your story walkin' back to Ohio. It's a gas pedal, not a light switch.

Last edited:
Or how about make them run actual factory body dimensions with whatever downforce they deem necessary? Surely these teardrop cars with no downforce isn't helping the matter.
Yea like Factory Stock. What they are doing with those cars are amazing. 9 inch tires and 7 second runs. Just think what would happen if Elite, Summit, etc. would give up pro stock and commit to that class.

I think the FSS cars are only certified to 7.50 (or maybe I'm thinking of another sanctioning body they run in). Also think they are skating around at the top end cuz of the narrow tires. If they would put tubs in them for bigger tires, wouldn't be surprised if wouldn't go 7.30's or quicker. Couple of thoughts. Why not put FSS engines in Pro Stock cars? Or just get rid of P/S and lighten up the FSS cars & allow bigger tires. Then the cars would still look like real cars - wait, then we would have come full circle & have P/S again. Maybe just put an index on FSS. No quicker than 7.90. Just my 2 cents. Have only had 1/2 cup of coffee so far......

I read some different things about the 7.50 certification. Once they run quicker the class is more or less done. The Fords I believe have ran low 7.50s in NMCA trim.

I think the FSS cars are only certified to 7.50 (or maybe I'm thinking of another sanctioning body they run in). Also think they are skating around at the top end cuz of the narrow tires. If they would put tubs in them for bigger tires, wouldn't be surprised if wouldn't go 7.30's or quicker. Couple of thoughts. Why not put FSS engines in Pro Stock cars? Or just get rid of P/S and lighten up the FSS cars & allow bigger tires. Then the cars would still look like real cars - wait, then we would have come full circle & have P/S again. Maybe just put an index on FSS. No quicker than 7.90. Just my 2 cents. Have only had 1/2 cup of coffee so far......

IIRC it is a weight vs chassis that limits the certification.
AJ suggested putting FSS engines in PS cars was immediately shot down.
I like the last idea, PS cars that actually look like FSS

One thing I like about FSS. All the cars have screw blowers. When they come to the line, you can hear the engine, rump rump rump as they stage. Really reminds me of the old A/Gas Supercharged cars from the early 60's. Lots of those cars had B & M Hydro trans, and made the same sound.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back