Marcus Smith Offers 20K for Force/T-Ped Grudge Race (1 Viewer)

This is a great idea from a business man. I also hope it happens, and that they both shake hands when it's over. That would be cool.

Wouldn't that be considered a test session?... I guess John could drive Hights car and Cruz could drive Tony's... :p

Better yet, lets see each driver put up 40k each and make it for 100k.

And, lets let Cruz come to the line. He is the one who feels as though he was wronged enough to call Force a cheater.

This too shall pass.

There's too much history and deep respect between these two for it to last very long. Wouldn't surprise me if they've already talked this out some time today.

Good chance the t-shirt art is already at the printers for this grudge match...!

I would love to see Force put tony in his place...AGAIN!!!:cool: Way to show your appreciation Tony to someone who gave you a chance to drive when you were a nobody and MADE you into a champion!!! NEVER burn bridges!!!

Arm wrestle for lane choice.....Maybe a $5k (to charity of course) sidebet driver to driver on RT.

Marcus wants to do this during the Friday night qualifying session at the Concord national event, so there should be no test session worries.

The question is would NHRA let them do it? The Friday night session run order is determined by the early Friday session ... it is unlikely they would pair up. I think it is a fantastic idea, run funny car first Friday night, then top fuel, then bring back Force and Pedregon for the last 2 cars that go down the track after a suitable amount of hype and drama buildup.

We might start seeing fights the week before every race at a Bruton track as the fuel guys will hope they could get a $20K grudge match ... that's a lot of scratch for 1 pass ...

I think its great and one of the best ideas ive seen in a long time. We need to spice it up a little. Better yet John/Ashley vs Tony/cruz on the 4 lane. How about that!!

Unless the lead of a qualifying session I can see the other teams having a HUGE issue with this.

Either getting an extra shot at the track or going out of order such as later in the session, giving them a better shot at going for #1 and with the extra qualifying points out there now the time of day the run is made could be big

Make it interesting, put a boxing ring at the starting line and let them go 3-3 minute rounds :D

Don't laugh.. in the late 80's early 90's Dale Sr and Geoff Bodine had a deal going and Humpy had ring set up on pole dya in the stnads near the start finish line.. had actual boxxing going on in down time..but had a offer for thsoe to to have at it...lol..

i knew someone would take advantage of this deal... .. its a great promotional tool to sell tickets and get viewers.......lol

Billy

Personally I wish this would just go away.....it's not gonna help anything or further the sport......it's dumb

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back