T-Ped To Team With Tasca, Wilk out? (1 Viewer)

"WILKERSON AND TASCA EXTEND ALLIANCE THROUGH 2010

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (September 24, 2009) -- Tim Wilkerson, owner/driver of the Levi, Ray & Shoup Shelby Mustang Funny Car, and Bob Tasca III, owner/driver of the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang Funny Car, have announced the extension of their successful technical alliance, on the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing circuit, through the 2010 season. ..."

Received at 9:09 am today.

Ken

sorry to disagree with so many, but i like the pedregons.
the indy deal does not change my opinion of them one bit.

Well, that is good news about the Tasca/Wilky alliance staying because of the new body shortage in funny cars coming up. Without Chrysler and GM putting any money into new F/C body development the Mustang looks like the best one out ther for the short term.

I ddin't mean to start a Pedregon bashing post here but I have to agree with the majority that I am pretty tired of them and their antics also. But John Force himself just said we need the Pedregons out here to keep the field full and competitive.

All that being said Wilk needs to get by this first round this weekend and start closing the gap!

.......But John Force himself just said we need the Pedregons out here to keep the field full and competitive.

because he understands they are in survival mode just the same
as he has been his whole career; he also understands that tomorrow
the pedregons could be the 4 car team and JFR could only have 2.
it's mutual respect from one owner to another.

I lost respect for Cruz back when he was driving the Interstate Batteries car for Joe Gibbs. He went out in the first round in Richmond, and shorty after my wife asked him for an autograph and he refused her.

I lost ALL respect for Tony when he started his own team and immediately started bad mouthing and disrespecting John Force racing! He even went as far as to question the selection of Eric Medlin as his replacement.:rolleyes:

Mike, I couldn't agree with you more! Dead on!

What happened at Indy only makes me pull for the Pedregons a bit more. I don't think Tony or Cruz said anything that wasn't true at Indy.

I like this, one day we have a thread where everyone is starting rumors about Wilk out and TPed in and the next day the facts get in the way of the rumors. No wonder people don't pay serious attention to what's on the internet.

Mike, I couldn't agree with you more! Dead on!

What happened at Indy only makes me pull for the Pedregons a bit more. I don't think Tony or Cruz said anything that wasn't true at Indy.

+1

how about Pedregon and Al-Alanabi next year wow that would be a team!!

I like Tasca a lot. He has a great attitude and has always struck up a nice little conversation with me when I've seen him at the races. I cannot stand Tony though however. I think he's a huge hypocrite and cry baby. Ill still pull for Tasca but I could care less what happens to Tony. I just dont want to see anything happen to Wilkerson because of this. :)

The way that I see it is...Tasca and Wilk were never really teammates. They just shared technical information. Some of the replies above seem to imply that Wilk was being removed from Tasca's team. Since he's not on Tasca's team, it would be a little bit difficult to remove him. It wouldn't be the end of the world to simply just quit sharing information.
The real story is that TPEd may be either joining the group as a technical teammate or joining Tasca as a real teammate.
So far, looks like no one knows what's going on other than Tasca and Wilk have renewed their techinical alliance. That certainly doesn't preclude TPed from being a part of the equation at some point in time.
As for liking or disliking any of the drivers, I may not agree with them at some point on some subjects but I can say that I truly admire the hell out of them for being able to secure the financing and support to be able to do what they love.
When I sold my funny car in 1977, I knew then that it was never going to happen for me. I just don't have the dedication that it takes to do what these guys do.

Geez Larry, when I saw your name I thought to myself, "I recognize that name, he's a racer". Then you said you sold your FC in '77, am I really getting that old? Did you run fuel or alky, that part I don't remember.

I personally have no respect for T-Ped however, kicking Wilk to the curb would be reason enough for me. Is there anything possible not to love about Wilkerson? I met him well over a decade ago and I sure can't think of one reason not to love this great guy much less drop him for an association with a Pedregon.
Sorry Mike, I'm with Jeremy on this one!

What happened when john force kicked gary densham to the curb ?
Never really was an answer other than no one wants to market a 700 yr old man.

WHAT!!!! They only gave us a day to jump to conclussions before givingus facts arg!!!!!!!:p:D

It was "ok" because it was John Force. If it would have been the Pedregon's or DSR look out because the criticism would be flying.

I personally have no respect for T-Ped however, kicking Wilk to the curb would be reason enough for me. Is there anything possible not to love about Wilkerson? I met him well over a decade ago and I sure can't think of one reason not to love this great guy much less drop him for an association with a Pedregon.
Sorry Mike, I'm with Jeremy on this one!

While Walking through the pits early Sunday Morning @ E-town for the nationals, I bumped into Tim, he is an all around nice guy without question.

WHAT!!!! They only gave us a day to jump to conclussions before giving us facts arg!!!!!!!:p:D

You KNOW that at some point, the 'Mater was BIG conversation in somebody's shop about 24 hours ago... Hence the facts coming down so quickly...

Now, if Glendora would figure that out ;)

It was "ok" because it was John Force. If it would have been the Pedregon's or DSR look out because the criticism would be flying.

Good grief... you've got to be kidding me. You guys need to get a grip on yourselves.

Next time you're at a race (or anyplace for that matter) where Gary Densham happens to be, ask him whether or not he's bitter about that. I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut he's got nothing but good to say about his John Force experience. Let's see, first career win, Indy win, racing on somebody else's nickel for several years, etc., etc. If it wasn't for Force, Densh would've been out of the picture MUCH earlier.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back