T-Ped To Team With Tasca, Wilk out? (1 Viewer)

Hopefully this doesn't happen. If it does, I will, unfortunately have to stop being a Tasca fan.

Just shortened that 6 Degrees of Separation within the Pedregon/Force circle by a couple of points, huh? ;)

Last edited:
please explain your reasoning jeremy.

I personally have no respect for T-Ped however, kicking Wilk to the curb would be reason enough for me. Is there anything possible not to love about Wilkerson? I met him well over a decade ago and I sure can't think of one reason not to love this great guy much less drop him for an association with a Pedregon.
Sorry Mike, I'm with Jeremy on this one!

If it's purely a business decision what does being a "nice guy" have to do with it?

My understanding with Wilk and Tasca is that it is an alliance of two individual teams, not one single team with two cars.

It may make more financial/business sense for Bob to bring Tony in. Sponsor sharing etc may work better to their needs.

I did hear in the last week or so that Wilk had re-upped with Ford for the next year or two.

Wilk was fine before his Tasca alliance, and if this materializes, he will be fine.

If it's purely a business decision what does being a "nice guy" have to do with it?

Apparently not a dang thing to some. Personally, business means way more than just money to me. Associations are actually as valuable to my business than the financial bottom line but, I'm in it for the long haul, not the quick buck. I sincerely hope there's more to the story than simply Wilk out and Tony in for financial reasons.

Wilk was fine before his Tasca alliance, and if this materializes, he will be fine.

I would guess that his affiliation may have been more of a distraction (for Tim) than a benefit. The teams came together while Wilk was running strong. What exactly was the motivation for them coming together? I never had a chance to ask Tim, but I would bet Tasca was hoping for some of Tim's carma to rub off on him (ie tune-up info). Tim probably got a body deal out of it and that's it.

Best I can remember it was done in response to NHRA limiting space to single car teams. It enabled them to have a hospitality area.

Apparently not a dang thing to some. Personally, business means way more than just money to me. Associations are actually as valuable to my business than the financial bottom line but, I'm in it for the long haul, not the quick buck. I sincerely hope there's more to the story than simply Wilk out and Tony in for financial reasons.

In the dog-eat-dog world of racing, the associations only last as long as the "what have you done for me lately" mentality will allow. That's why crew chiefs are usually the first head on the chopping block when a team struggles. The second head is yours when your sponsor says adios.

I know a lot of nice guys, but I wouldn't want them screwing the main jet in my FC.

RG

Ironic, isn't it? TP bashes Force all over the world and then returns to Ford?
Sure, it's not JFR, but the JFR and Tasca camps seem pretty tight to me.
Maybe I'm wrong, but this seems like a case of money trumping alleged integrity........if it even happens.

I sure hope this doesn't materalize. But..like Paul said..Wilk can go back to kick their ass as a single team. Did better then anyway. F$ck e'm..I hope it blows up in their face! Sure lost alll respect for Tasca if this happens. Business my as$

Also like the Doc says..how do you NOT like Wilk? He is all about what is right in drag racing..and because of that..I'm rootin'!!

"There's no word at this time whether Pedregon is an expansion of the team or a replacement."

Ding-dang, y'all. Wilk isn't out yet!

Sean D

the tascas and force are pretty tight, how ironic huh! this should be good, but watching the broadcast on sunday and seeing tony and john talking on the scooters and joking at the big end it looks like theyve put things behind them, i still have no repect fpr the pedgregons, there criers but it seems like there will be more ford drivers out there in 2010 than anything, in all classes.

"There's no word at this time whether Pedregon is an expansion of the team or a replacement."

Ding-dang, y'all. Wilk isn't out yet!

Sean D

Come on Sean, you know the cart ALWAYS goes before the horse ...

I agree with an earlier poster, I am pretty sure that Wilk got some Ford shells, they shared a hospitality area and some tuning data. I don't think they are teammates in the truest sense of the word. Besides, who has done more with less than Wilk? If this does come to pass as many think it will, how will it diminish Fuel Flopper in any way? Wilk will still be out there kicking arse, TPed will still be out there as will BT3. Beats the heck out of one of them parking their ride for the year.

This is the business they have chosen, and it is only business, it's not personal.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back