Maple Grove on the move (1 Viewer)

DanTheFan

Nitro Member
Good luck to KK and family for a successful weekend. I always liked the Grove. For a lot of years, weather dogged it. Look at the weekend forecast! Hope it holds. I read about the improvements and it’s moving well. Is this the track that always had a village of port a johns that were cleaned after every use for tips? Gladly pay a $ a pee to not sit in yours! And the cleaners prob walked away with a little dough. Fast track too. Can’t wait and wish them well.

Good luck to KK and family for a successful weekend. I always liked the Grove. For a lot of years, weather dogged it. Look at the weekend forecast! Hope it holds. I read about the improvements and it’s moving well. Is this the track that always had a village of port a johns that were cleaned after every use for tips? Gladly pay a $ a pee to not sit in yours! And the cleaners prob walked away with a little dough. Fast track too. Can’t wait and wish them well.
I know that E Town had the porta john attendents to many years. Don't remember this at the Grove but could be.

I hope they have great weather with zero rain for their event.

I don't think I went to Maple Grove many times when it did not rain unfortunately and we did not get stuck in the mud.

Jim Hill

Def see some improvements,BUT the concessions suck or lack of,very few concessions,no pizza and maple groves consession isnt even open on spectatpr side. Def need to wprk on this

Mike, I sure hope we see a 300 in the 1/8 this weekend. Have been watching the 1/8 times and seems everyone is around 292 more or less. Track is either you make a monster run or up in smoke and it seems to be affecting P/S s well as nitro. Well, maybe Sunday will have cooler weather and we'll see some great runs.

Is this the track that always had a village of port a johns that were cleaned after every use for tips? Gladly pay a $ a pee to not sit in yours! And the cleaners prob walked away with a little dough.
The Porta Potty Patrol has been there for years. IMO, annoying to have them there to try and corral me to the open John to squeeze me for a tip. I paid a lot to get in, don’t need to pay to take a leak, and I can tell the difference between red and green on the door lock indicator..

Def see some improvements,BUT the concessions suck or lack of,very few concessions,no pizza and maple groves consession isnt even open on spectatpr side. Def need to wprk on this
I thought there were enough concession stands, lines were long on out side and very short on other side. I thought I saw people eating pizza but did not notice a pizza vender anywhere. Also, it was early in the day when I went looking for a bite and the fries stand ran out of chicken, and the chicken stand ran out of fries. Regardless, great job by KK to take over and save us from another parking lot or empty field, too histori of a venue to lose it for the fanatics within driving distance. It’s a work in progress and I’m sure hes far from finished with his vision.

I thought there were enough concession stands, lines were long on out side and very short on other side. I thought I saw people eating pizza but did not notice a pizza vender anywhere. Also, it was early in the day when I went looking for a bite and the fries stand ran out of chicken, and the chicken stand ran out of fries. Regardless, great job by KK to take over and save us from another parking lot or empty field, too histori of a venue to lose it for the fanatics within driving distance. It’s a work in progress and I’m sure hes far from finished with his vision.
Maple groves concessions was open on pit side,bit spectator side just had couple vendors,no maple grove concession on spec side,building looked empty,overall was hard to get food,had some 10.00 tator tots,which were good. And johnnys pizza wasnt there like the last 30 years (((

Spectator side had enough venders to satisfy the demand as the lines were very manageable. The MG concession stand was closed, looked like it was being used for storage. Perhaps it’s like every other business post pandemic, can’t get enough workers to show up and earn a paycheck.

Last edited:
Spectator side had enough venders to satisfy the demand as the lines were very manageable. The MG concession stand was closed, looked. Like it was being used for storage. Perhaps it’s like every other business post pandemic, can’t get enough workers to show up and earn a paycheck.
You must have went to the concessions when fuel cars were running,otherwise very long lines lol. Hope johnnys pizza is back next year!

i have been watching 'TV Warehouse' live feed from reading all afternoon on youtube.......free. finals are half over rite now.
is this nhra.tv that somehow is being streamed live today?.....it's alan's voice on the feed. amanda with top end interviews with all the sportsman winners. great stuff.

i have been watching 'TV Warehouse' live feed from reading all afternoon on youtube.......free. finals are half over rite now.
is this nhra.tv that somehow is being streamed live today?.....it's alan's voice on the feed. amanda with top end interviews with all the sportsman winners. great stuff.
It's an illegal stream of the NHRA.tv feed, once NHRA finds out about it they'll send a copyright notice to the streamer and have the channel deleted

glad i don't subscribe to NHRA.tv, i'd never get anything done :) ....... was great to watch, likely illegal as it was.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back