Some awesome feats at Maple Grove (1 Viewer)

Huge

Nitro Member
I realize this thread is not as important as where, how and why Force parked his car on the track, but I was thinking about some of the awesome feats this weekend at Maple Grove. I thought it was pretty cool to see a young cattle farmer go in to Maple Grove and set both ends of the track record, lower the national et record, run 4.088 - 4.080 - 4.118 on the way to the final round and leave with the championship points lead. Then how about the way Larry Dixon drove. He had a .056 - .055 - .051 - .055 lights and an awesome pedal job to take the win. I thought Del Worsham did an outstanding job. He only missed the final round by a few thousands of a second. Not bad for his first weekend of doing double duties. Did any one else notice any awesome feats that stood out to them?

Last edited:
Connolly winning in his second race back and doing it on a holeshot was pretty cool to see. Shows how great of a driver he is.

Connolly winning in his second race back and doing it on a holeshot was pretty cool to see. Shows how great of a driver he is.
That kid is good and I am glad to see him back. I stopped by their shop while I was at the Charlotte race a few weeks ago and they were just finishing his car.

That kid is good and I am glad to see him back. I stopped by their shop while I was at the Charlotte race a few weeks ago and they were just finishing his car.

Agreed. Hopefully he's attending all races next year and making a run for the title.

Not to big of a DC fan but that boy can drive,makes ya kinda wonder why Brogdon cant go any rounds. Same type car and power.

The awesome feat I noticed (or maybe not so awesome, depending on your point of view) is the cancellation of the Kim Anderson show that's been mixed in with ESPN's Eliminations coverage for the past few events. Not that she's not nice to look at :), but when they're racing Pro Stocks, I'd prefer to look at - Pro Stocks.

They showed a few shots of Hagen's missus but for the most part, the cuties were notably absent. Let's show 'em all on an NHRA Race Day special. On Sunday afternoon, let's race.

I would think the 6.82 that Arana ran on Saturday was probably par with Hagan's 4.01 Friday night, especially seeing the conditions on Saturday were a lot more difficult. :)

The awesome feat I noticed (or maybe not so awesome, depending on your point of view) is the cancellation of the Kim Anderson show that's been mixed in with ESPN's Eliminations coverage for the past few events. Not that she's not nice to look at :), but when they're racing Pro Stocks, I'd prefer to look at - Pro Stocks.

They showed a few shots of Hagen's missus but for the most part, the cuties were notably absent. Let's show 'em all on an NHRA Race Day special. On Sunday afternoon, let's race.

I thought Lewis Bloom's comment about getting the text from Kim Anderson, during the Pro Stock finals, was so ridiculous. He said that Kim just sent him a text stating that she is watching the ESPN coverage and it is great. Implying that she wasn't at the track for the race. I found this pretty interesting, especially since they had her on TV at that exact moment walking up to close Greg's door. :p

So, where was she watching from? LOL

I thought Lewis Bloom's comment about getting the text from Kim Anderson, during the Pro Stock finals, was so ridiculous. He said that Kim just sent him a text stating that she is watching the ESPN coverage and it is great. Implying that she wasn't at the track for the race. I found this pretty interesting, especially since they had her on TV at that exact moment walking up to close Greg's door. :p

So, where was she watching from? LOL
Don't believe that was her closing the door Pete. Think I remember seeing/hearing that she was away from the track for a while with some health issues. Not positve, but I remember something.

Yes, the whole "look at me" , over the top celebration on the golf cart at Charlotte reminded me of a "Price is Right " contestant.
IMO, she`s held the title of NHRAs on camera Drama Queen for years. Emotion is expected but celebrate with some class already.

I realize this thread is not as important as where, how and why Force parked his car on the track, but I was thinking about some of the awesome feats this weekend at Maple Grove. I thought it was pretty cool to see a young cattle farmer go in to Maple Grove and set both ends of the track record, lower the national et record, run 4.088 - 4.080 - 4.118 on the way to the final round and leave with the championship points lead. Then how about the way Larry Dixon drove. He had a .056 - .055 - .051 - .055 lights and an awesome pedal job to take the win. I thought Del Worsham did an outstanding job. He only missed the final round by a few thousands of a second. Not bad for his first weekend of doing double duties. Did any one else notice any awesome feats that stood out to them?
I've got one ... how about Cruz Pedregon? Has won 2 of the 4 countdown races and has earned 356 points since the countdown started. He has qualified 4th, 1st, 6th, and 6th respectively at the 4 countdown races. If they had that performance during just the last 2 "regular season" races (Denver / Brainerd) he would likely have made the countdown and might even be challenging for another championship. He was only 121 points behind his brother going into Denver. But, as they say ... too little too late. Right?

Unbelievable performance nonetheless.

I've got one ... how about Cruz Pedregon? Has won 2 of the 4 countdown races and has earned 356 points since the countdown started. He has qualified 4th, 1st, 6th, and 6th respectively at the 4 countdown races. If they had that performance during just the last 2 "regular season" races (Denver / Brainerd) he would likely have made the countdown and might even be challenging for another championship. He was only 121 points behind his brother going into Denver. But, as they say ... too little too late. Right?

Unbelievable performance nonetheless.
Cruz is starting to run real good. If he runs this good next year he will be a contender.

How bout' Monroe Guest and Joe Monden tuning the Tigerflow A/Fuel Dragster to a 5.193 @ 277!!!!

Mike Austin and John Bojec picking up their first career National Event titles in TAD and TAFC....

I'd say these are awesome feats....

I don't see how any one could get to much Kim Anderson or Pam Johnson.

Last edited:

Kim Was Home all weekend with the kids... some kinda moto cross thing, I believe... and yes, she was texting people from home.

d'kid

Now this is GOOD. We need a thread like this after every event!!

Here's my submission - how about the Australian-born, former Montana Express Top Fuel Dragster driver, who is now employed by a Michigan-based company - who ran his season-best ET, AND even moved up in the top 10 points standings, still racing his ASS off and going rounds, here at the end of the season, when all eyes are focused on the illustrious "countdown"? I'm talking about David Grubnic!! And don't forget that 6 months ago, he wasn't even sure he'd be driving at this juncture of the season. A tip of the hat to the Kalitta Air crew! :D

Now this is GOOD. We need a thread like this after every event!!

Here's my submission - how about the Australian-born, former Montana Express Top Fuel Dragster driver, who is now employed by a Michigan-based company - who ran his season-best ET, AND even moved up in the top 10 points standings, still racing his ASS off and going rounds, here at the end of the season, when all eyes are focused on the illustrious "countdown"? I'm talking about David Grubnic!! And don't forget that 6 months ago, he wasn't even sure he'd be driving at this juncture of the season. A tip of the hat to the Kalitta Air crew! :D
I think Grubby had one of the best race cars that he has had all year. He is a cool dude too.

How bout' Monroe Guest and Joe Monden tuning the Tigerflow A/Fuel Dragster to a 5.193 @ 277!!!!

Mike Austin and John Bojec picking up their first career National Event titles in TAD and TAFC....

I'd say these are awesome feats....
Tim they did an awesome job, and only had two qualifying sessions to get it right.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back