First time at Maple Grove (1 Viewer)

80 and sunny @ 6pm today for Q2 of nitro. if there are delays, is there a chance for last few pairs of TF to have
setting sun and cooler track and put up a mid 3.6? or possibly even the 2nd 300mph @ 1/8?

nhra.com shows race is on fox network twice this afternoon. looking on my tv menu this morning. my local fox network has NFL all day.
FS1 has (2) qualifying shows on now in late morning. 1:30am monday is the earliest and only eliminations show i can find, on FS2.
the late afternoon and early evening slots on FS1 have bowling and soccer.
how can NHRA expect to gain fans and increase ratings if their all important playoff races aren't even available in a normal viewing time?
it's almost laughable. i'm just going to read results on DRC and won't even record and watch tomorrow.

Last edited:
Those sure were two disappointing first rounds in TF and FC. What the heck was going on with the track where so many cars went up in smoke? Looked like good conditions with mild temperatures. Real tough luck for Ida Zetterstrom and Doug Foley who each made fine passes that would have won against almost any other opponent.

Appreciate the tips but unfortunately wasn’t able to make it. Maybe next year…

Mike, i believe its on Fox at 2pm ET or 4:30pm ET depending on local channel. I guess if the local channel picks up the two NFL games, that could be an issue.

nhra.com shows race is on fox network twice this afternoon. looking on my tv menu this morning. my local fox network has NFL all day.
FS1 has (2) qualifying shows on now in late morning. 1:30am monday is the earliest and only eliminations show i can find, on FS2.
the late afternoon and early evening slots on FS1 have bowling and soccer.
how can NHRA expect to gain fans and increase ratings if their all important playoff races aren't even available in a normal viewing time?
it's almost laughable. i'm just going to read results on DRC and won't even record and watch tomorrow.
I would keep an eye out for it to come on Fox either before or after the football game. Here it is after the game on local Fox.

I would keep an eye out for it to come on Fox either before or after the football game. Here it is after the game on local Fox.
Ken, i'm glad it's on your schedule. we've got NFL doubleheaders on both FOX and NBC here in MN
edit: 3 hrs. later the menu changed to show the drag race at 3pm cst. go figure ...... and then the NFL game went long, and my recording of NHRA race only
made it throught the second round :rolleyes:

Last edited:
any thoughts on ron capp's -.002 red light? ron seemed a little puzzled by it in his top end interview.

they need more concession stands, spect side was good, glad they had the maple grove grill open, pit side you had to wait forever to get any food. and for god sakes bring back johnnys pizza MAPLE GROVE STAFF. no pizza at all this year. ever since koretzkys bought they never had johnnys pizza back (

The tots stand was very fast and very good!

But we NEED Island Noodles back - I miss them every year.
12.00 for reg tots lol. I went to maple groves grill and got a cburger,wasnt to bad. We need johhnys pizza back

they need more concession stands, spect side was good, glad they had the maple grove grill open, pit side you had to wait forever to get any food. and for god sakes bring back johnnys pizza MAPLE GROVE STAFF. no pizza at all this year. ever since koretzkys bought they never had johnnys pizza back (
I didn't think the lines took too long, at least at the MG concessions. Went there twice and stood in line no longer than 5 minuets. We were one pit side too. - I always like truck with the nitrogen cooled milkshakes.

I didn't think the lines took too long, at least at the MG concessions. Went there twice and stood in line no longer than 5 minuets. We were one pit side too. - I always like truck with the nitrogen cooled milkshakes.
Wow u got lucky,everytime i went pretty long line,spectator side concessions didnt have lines,they were great. Beer lines werent that long either

I saw when they caught a guy they asked if he was coming anymore days, he said yes,duhhhh. They ripped up all his tickets on the spot
When we were leaving the track on Saturday we saw another guy that got busted taking a banner. He was behind the concrete wall, when we walked past I heard the security guard say " If you didn't think it was wrong why did you run"?

When we were leaving the track on Saturday we saw another guy that got busted taking a banner. He was behind the concrete wall, when we walked past I heard the security guard say " If you didn't think it was wrong why did you run"?
Lol,seems to be a thing at the grove lol. Maybe to many beers lol.

I saw when they caught a guy they asked if he was coming anymore days, he said yes,duhhhh. They ripped up all his tickets on the spot
I was able to go to Englishtown once since I was working in the East at the time. Banner stealing seemed to be a real "thing" there and it was rampant. No law
enforcement whatsoever. Glad to hear Maple Grove keeps people in line.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back